Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best buggy/travel system for newborn and toddler

Options
  • 18-02-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

What have people found to be the best option for transporting a baby and a toddler (18 mo gap)?
    I have a perfectly good travel system from my first two, but I think I will need something that I can bring them both in. I have a sling too, and while I found it useful, i don't want it to be my only option.
    I like the look of the out n about double nipper, but I don't like the idea of having a tiny baby world facing!
    I'm also afraid I'll miss the option of putting the car seat on it. I know the car seat isn't suitable for long runs, but I do find it very handy for quick runs to the shop, when the total time spent in it would be short.
    I also plan on sending my older two to the minder a bit of the time, so I feel I'd need to have two buggies in the boot all the time so I don't get caught on the hop!
    It seems that the answer would be to buy a whole new travel system that converts to a double as required, like the uppababy vista, but that seems a bit crazy too! I could probably pick one up second hand though for around the same as the double nipper, but it seems like they'd be hard to push with two kiddies in them! I'm aware I'm over thinking this, it's a buggy, not a house. I bought a new car last week after about five minutes of consideration!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I have the Phil and teds navigator. Had a two year old when new born came along, it converts to a double, first with a hammock style part for new born, its super cosy and the slight rock was soothing and sent him off to sleep whenever he was in it, the toddler went in a seat in the front. Then when baby was too big for hammock, went into the seat under the toddler seat, now, a year on, the one year old is in the front and toddler walks most of the time, sometimes if he gets tired he will jump in under into the baby's part, there's enough room for him to sit for a few mins, or else just switch them around if needs be. I hear you on the car seat, this particular buggy does come with the option to have a car seat attached, but I think it was one particular seat only. Maxi cosy Springs to mind.
    We went to Tony leaky and the sales girl went through all the various features of the buggy before we got it. It's doing us grand, and I know we will get a good few years out of it, it's really spacious, plenty of room in the bigger part of the buggy for a over average sized toddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

City select jogger as can be a single or double. Takes car seat or buggy and second seat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The Phil and teds seems popular, but it seems like a bit of a raw deal for the one who travels in the boot!!!
    I hadn't looked at the city select, I'll check it out. A quick look tells me it's pricey, but there's a lot of them on done deal too. I think I'm just afraid that the in-line doubles might be very heavy to push!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

jlm29 wrote: »
    The Phil and teds seems popular, but it seems like a bit of a raw deal for the one who travels in the boot!!!
    I hadn't looked at the city select, I'll check it out. A quick look tells me it's pricey, but there's a lot of them on done deal too. I think I'm just afraid that the in-line doubles might be very heavy to push!

I thought that too at first, but the little lad was totally fine in it, and he could see plenty, he's in front now most of the time so he's happy, but never complained. My 3 year old is a tonne weight, and the little fella is heading the same way, but combined in the buggy actually wasn't too bad, they're great wheels, lots of bounce so I'm was grand to push, and I like in a very hilly area.
    Best thing to do is have a look in store and try out, and if you come across one you like have a look online to see if you can find second hand maybe.

I tend to be very easily swayed by sales people, so I need to get a good idea of logistics from people in the know first!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I think you can put a car seat on the newer nipper, if that is any help?

pwurple wrote: »
    I think you can put a car seat on the newer nipper, if that is any help?

That would be a huge help, but the lady I met in Tony kealys last week told me you couldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My first was 20 months when my second came along and my second was 15 months when my third came along. We found the bugaboo donkey great but the side by side isn't for everyone. It can be a double or a single as needs be and can be used with the pram/car seat and buggy configuration. The buggy seats can parent face or face out. Occasionally if we are going somewhere with all three that requires a lot of walking we'll put the buggy board on it for the three year old. It is expensive new but seems to have good resale value.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can't beat the out n about nipper ,it is brilliant . I have had 5 kids and 6 years out of mine and no complaints .

Moonbeam wrote: »
    You can't beat the out n about nipper ,it is brilliant . I have had 5 kids and 6 years out of mine and no complaints .

Thanks moonbeam, I'm swayed towards the out n about, I had a loan of my friends single one day, and it was so light to push. It's also the most reasonably priced, especially if bought in the U.K, with sterling so weak currently. I might buy the carrycot for when baby is small. I looked at the mountain buggy duet, which also looks great, and does take a car seat, but the seat of it looks awful squashy. I can't imagine my little buster sitting in it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I just bought the out and about nipper single for running and it's an amazing buggy. And that's from someone on their fourth buggy and who saved for six months for it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought a single nipper too :) I don't like it as much as the double but it is great .

Advertisement