Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hat with neck protector

Options
  • 18-02-2017 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster. Well.. The second part is true. :)

Not sure where to post this, but looking for a men's hat with a neck protector thing for a friend heading to India. We'd want to get it this week, so somewhere in Dublin city would be ideal. Have seen maybe Capel Camping or The Great Outdoors, but if anybody has any hat-related suggestions, it would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Have this fleece balaclava myself, that goes under this hat. Now, although both were gotten in Canada, I'd say most hiking shops should have something similar to the fleece balaclava. It's great at protecting my cheeks etc from the wind, and the hat gives my head warmth.

The hat is good to about minus 3, and I'd wear the fleece balaclava when it drops to minus 10 or 15. I'm in Toronto at the moment. How cold will it be in India? I ask as a lot of the stuff in Ireland is for "Ireland cold", and not "foreign cold".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Thanks Syco

On this trip, it's the heat rather than the cold. There will be a lot of travel around with the sun beating down, so it's a case of protecting as much as possible from being burned while staying relatively non-melted.

Advertisement