Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to change the bulb in this Ikea bathroom light?

Options
  • 19-02-2017 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80255304/ It appears to give no specs as to the type of bulb. Havent been up there to disassemble it yet but before I do get off the sofa, am I wasting my time? It appears to be some sort of "one unit" thing.] built in...is that correct? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Good to know
    Built-in LED light source.
    Approved for IP44.

Seems so. Decent LEDs can have very long working lives so wouldnt be totally stupid to have it non removeable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Yeah, looks like a throwaway unit. I wouldn't bother even trying to take it apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Dammit. That's a pain. I have it a bare 3 years (*proviso: it was on 24/7)
    Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dammit. That's a pain. I have it a bare 3 years (*proviso: it was on 24/7)
    Thanks a mill

That kinda makes sense so. 2hrs/day seems normal to me for a mirror light, so that would be around 36yrs of working time if used in that fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

ED E wrote: »
    That kinda makes sense so. 2hrs/day seems normal to me for a mirror light, so that would be around 36yrs of working time if used in that fashion.

36 years :eek::eek:
    It's like time travel, and not in a good way. I feel I have aged just by leaving that light on. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement