Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping newbie - what kit?

Options
  • 19-02-2017 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi, I intend on giving up the rollies when I get an ecig. I practically have COPD it just needs to be confirmed. I smoke 60-80 cigs a day. I have 3 I-sticks I just never really got into them. Looking for a decent bit of kit that I can buy in a shop if possible. I'm in Cork. Thanks so much for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Fair play, vaping will change your life. I'm going to say just get a Kangertech Topbox mini. I started off with something similar (after the crap penvapes) and I'm off them 2 years. Was on between 20 and 30 a day.

It takes a day or two to get used to vapes but please don't let that put you off. Just keep at it

I'd say go 16mg or 18mg strength

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi, I intend on giving up the rollies when I get an ecig. I practically have COPD it just needs to be confirmed. I smoke 60-80 cigs a day. I have 3 I-sticks I just never really got into them. Looking for a decent bit of kit that I can buy in a shop if possible. I'm in Cork. Thanks so much for any replies

I'm an ex rollie smoker & vaping got me off it with no bother.
    The isticks are a great mod & has a built-in battery,what istick do you have,is it a 20w/30w/40w/50w or a 100w,this will help me to recommend a tank for you.

The best tank is a Nautilus Mini to start off with & 24mg NIcotine strength eliquid as you are smoking more than 40 a day...

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/aspire-clearomizers/470-aspire-nautilus-mini.html

You can ask anything here,plenty of us to help...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I'm an ex rollie smoker & vaping got me off it with no bother.
    The isticks are a great mod & has a built-in battery,what istick do you have,is it a 20w/30w/40w/50w or a 100w,this will help me to recommend a tank for you.

The best tank is a Nautilus Mini to start off with & 24mg NIcotine strength eliquid as you are smoking more than 40 a day...

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/aspire-clearomizers/470-aspire-nautilus-mini.html

You can ask anything here,plenty of us to help...

I have 2 20watt and one 30watt. And I think I have a GS air??? I have 24mg strength in them.

Maybe I should just try them and see what happens so???

I have 2 20watt and one 30watt. And I think I have a GS air??? I have 24mg strength in them.

Maybe I should just try them and see what happens so???

The 20w is good but the 510 threading is soft,just be careful when screwing in the tank.

The 30w is excellent,it has SS 510 threading,no reason why they shouldn't work,the link above for the Nautilus will fit any of those isticks.
    The gs air should work,put a new coil in & prime it,10w to 13w should get you a good vape...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I totally don't understand the technical talk sorry it just goes over my head. I dunno whether just to buy a new kit online now but is the pipe part then included? I was looking at the Smok 220 Alien kit?

• Advertisement

I totally don't understand the technical talk sorry it just goes over my head. I dunno whether just to buy a new kit online now but is the pipe part then included? I was looking at the Smok 220 Alien kit?

The isticks you have is the battery,all you need is a tank like the link (Nautilus) I gave you,inside that tank,there is a coil which you send power to from your istick,when the coil heats up,it vapourises the eliquid,the tank holds 2ml of eliquid...
    This first video is showing you the Nautilus Mini...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCRvh7JqUT4

This video shows you the istick 30w which you have...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk692Lk8Xt4

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vapely

chipfox wrote: »
    Fair play, vaping will change your life. I'm going to say just get a Kangertech Topbox mini. I started off with something similar (after the crap penvapes) and I'm off them 2 years. Was on between 20 and 30 a day.

It takes a day or two to get used to vapes but please don't let that put you off. Just keep at it

I'd say go 16mg or 18mg strength

+1 for anything Kangertech

Kangertech is a great brand, the Topbox Mini or Subox Mini starter kits will have everything you need. If you aren't in a rush, the best place to order online is probably Fasttech.

Topbox Mini starter kit ($46)
    Subox Mini starter Kit ($47)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Subox mini was my kit, gave it to my da and he won't use any other tank. Easiest RBA to deal with too. You can change the cotton out in less than a minute no bother. Other tanks take me so much longer

I'd still probably go for the topbox over the subox. Bottom filling is just so backwards. There's too much choice out there, they all just heat up a bit of metal and make clouds. If you don't plan on making coils I don't think it'll make a huge difference what you end up with but it's nice to have the option

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Vapely wrote: »
    +1 for anything Kangertech

Kangertech is a great brand, the Topbox Mini or Subox Mini starter kits will have everything you need. If you aren't in a rush, the best place to order online is probably Fasttech.

Topbox Mini starter kit ($46)
    Subox Mini starter Kit ($47)

I'm curious about getting one of these myself. Can you see the amount of vapor that comes out? Had a look at a few videos and the reviewers were in clouds of smoke, would be embarrassed to use it in public if that was the case.

I'm curious about getting one of these myself. Can you see the amount of vapor that comes out? Had a look at a few videos and the reviewers were in clouds of smoke, would be embarrassed to use it in public if that was the case.

This is down to many factors, the higher the level of VG in your e-liquid, the thicker you would expect the cloud to be. Higher the wattage on your e-cigarette, more vapor.

You may prefer to use 1.5ohm coils in your e-cigarette for mouth-to-lung inhales. This would be closer to the experience you have with cigarettes and may produce a thinner vapor. A lot of it is down to how much you inhale and how you exhale.

Personally, I use 0.5ohm coils, 99% VG liquid and don't produce terribly thick clouds. I'd also put it to you that the more you use it, the less self concious you'll become.

If you or OP are trying vaping for the first time, you may have a sore throat for a few days or a week, this is normal, you aren't doing anything wrong.

• Advertisement

This is down to many factors, the higher the level of VG in your e-liquid, the thicker you would expect the cloud to be. Higher the wattage on your e-cigarette, more vapor.

You may prefer to use 1.5ohm coils in your e-cigarette for mouth-to-lung inhales. This would be closer to the experience you have with cigarettes and may produce a thinner vapor. A lot of it is down to how much you inhale and how you exhale.

Personally, I use 0.5ohm coils, 99% VG liquid and don't produce terribly thick clouds. I'd also put it to you that the more you use it, the less self concious you'll become.

If you or OP are trying vaping for the first time, you may have a sore throat for a few days or a week, this is normal, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Thanks Vapely, sorry for the confusion. So reckon I could just fire ahead with the Topbox mini and I'd be able to just adjust as I see fit? Looks pretty nifty

Thanks Vapely, sorry for the confusion. So reckon I could just fire ahead with the Topbox mini and I'd be able to just adjust as I see fit? Looks pretty nifty

I'd hope so, pick up some 1.5ohm coils for it if you're comfortable with mouth-to-lung inhales.

Remember that reviewers will typically be using driptips with their own custom built coils specifically to heat a large volume of e-liquid, very quickly, to create as large a cloud as possible (more flavour for them to base their review on). Additionally, they're indoors so the vapor will be much more noticeable. If you decide to pick one up and have any questions post back here.

I'd hope so, pick up some 1.5ohm coils for it if you're comfortable with mouth-to-lung inhales.

Remember that reviewers will typically be using driptips with their own custom built coils specifically to heat a large volume of e-liquid, very quickly, to create as large a cloud as possible (more flavour for them to base their review on). Additionally, they're indoors so the vapor will be much more noticeable. If you decide to pick one up and have any questions post back here.

Nice, will order one today so. Thanks! :)

Advertisement