Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Wife due an upgrade, Should we wait until the iPhone 8?

Options
  • 19-02-2017 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My wife is due an upgrade. She doesn't really care about what phone she gets as long as it has a good camera.

So here is what I was thinking,

I have a 8 month old Nexus 6P which I was going to give to her because the camera is great, along with the phone. I was gonna use her upgrade to jump back to iPhone 7 Plus as I had the 6PLus and loved it (€300 approx), but I was also gonna get the Samsung S3 tablet when it comes out later in the year so I have the best of both worlds (IOS/Android).

So I support my question is what would you do?

Would you get the iPhone 7Plus now and if the iPhone 8 comes out around oct and fancied getting it, you could sell the iPhone 7 Plus and put it towards the iPhone 8? (I do believe that the new iPhone will be crazy money if reports are correct)

Will the iPhone 7 Plus still be good and supported in 2 years time (24 month contract)?

Has anyone done the same as what I am thinking, go back to IOS for phone and a tablet at home so you have the best of both wrolds?

I know first world porblems!!Thanks in advance,
    BobbyT28

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭eoinzy2000

Make sure when you upgrade the wife, you go for a younger, better looking model. Preferably dynamite in the sack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Next iPhone is 7 months away and there’s rumours the iPhone 8 will be a new upper-end model costing $1000+.

I’d get the 7 now and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

eoinzy2000 wrote: »
    Make sure when you upgrade the wife, you go for a younger, better looking model. Preferably dynamite in the sack.

HAHAHAHAHAHHA:D:D:D:D:D

Just read that heading back!! HAHAHAHAH

Next iPhone is 7 months away and there’s rumours the iPhone 8 will be a new upper-end model costing $1000+.

I’d get the 7 now and see what happens.

Yeah thats what i'm thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

There's always something new around the corner. The iPhone 8 will be popular and probably won't have good availability here until next November.

I wouldn't think the iPhone 8 will be much more expensive. The iPhone 7 plus is $1000+ as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I wouldn't think the iPhone 8 will be much more expensive. The iPhone 7 plus is $1000+ as it is.

The 7 Plus starts at €919 over here. If Apple add a new “Pro” model with 5.8-inch display above the existing 4.7 and 5.5-inch models, we could be looking a €1100 over here. That’s a big increase for anyone who doesn’t want a 7s.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

eoinzy2000 wrote: »

The wording implies that the wife is due an upgraded husband. Best option is pay as you go, with the option of porting if network performance is poor.

Oxter wrote: »
    The wording implies that the wife is due an upgraded husband. Best option is pay as you go, with the option of porting if network performance is poor.

I know!

We've been with the network for the last 6 years and are happy to go into a 24 month contract.

Aswell it's approx 300 for the iPhone 7 plus 32GB which is enough for.me.as.i have never gone over 20GB with my 64GB Nexus 6P

Ended up getting the iPhone 7 Plus 32GB. Very fast and responsive.

Just ordered my case, tempered glass protector and some Anker charging cables (£29) delivered tomorrow through PM.

Thanks for the help. Sure if I decide to upgrade to the iPHone 8 or X or whatever it's gonna be called I can just sell this.

Is the re-sale value still as good as when I sold my iPhone 6 Plus a couple of years back?

Anyway to Transfer Whatsapp messages to new iPhone

I am not rooted so I can't most programs and Backuptrans is asking for €20

For some reason Whatsapp email chat keeps crashing Whatsapp anytime I try and run it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I waited to see if the 7 would have a headphone socket (coz I use state-of-the-art wired headphones) and it didn't.

So, I bought the 6s Plus (at a very good price), which is an extraordinary piece of kit, and which will last me for years.

D.

I have to say i've been very impressed withit so far. Very fast, camera is excellent, better than the Nexus 6 P but not by that much. Battery life is amazing.

All in all I'm happy to be back in the apple ecosystem!!

Advertisement