Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Showing a house with kids & dogs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

On the dog issue there isn't really much we can do about them, they exist so we just have to work around them.
    We only have carpet on the stairs (where they are not allowed) they rest is wooden floors & tiles. Soft furnshings are washed regularly thanks to children's sticky fingers.
    I can open all windows beforehand & give the house a good airing as well as the usual plugs ins etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Thanks op was just thinking of.your exact question. Have two terriors no kids tho lol and hoping to sell in the summer.

I too worry about the dogs....odour and stray dog hair.

I plan on getting the stairs carpet professionally cleaned, and like yourself I'm always disinfecting floors and furnishings

Got some tips from this thread so thank you and best of luck.with the sale.

Good luck on your sale too x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

Ms2011 wrote: »
    elperello wrote: »
    Stop worrying.
    Assuming your house is a family type house any realistic prospective buyer will expect to encounter a bit of kid related clutter and will see past it.
    As for the dogs you really need to get them out of the way for the viewing, especially the big guy.

See that's what I'm wondering, how clean do people expect at a viewing?
    It's just a standard 3 bed terrace house, definitely a family house, it is clean & well kept so I'm hoping that'll be enough.
    Dogs will be in my sisters for viewings. We have the back garden split in 3, one decked for the kids, one with grass & plants for me & one slabbed for the dogs which I will hose down & Jeyes Fluid before any view to hopefully elevate any doogy smell.
    Careful with Jeyes fluid!!

Careful with Jeyes fluid!!

Yeah I can be a bit OTT with it cos I'm always paranoid the back will smell like dog wee :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement