Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green SLIME on pathways making things difficult.

Options
  • 19-02-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

I have green slime, it's not an obvious moss, just slimy when wet, covering all of my external paths.

Firstly what is the best method for removing it ?

Some facts,

I do have a drainage problem in the garden. But I have always had the problem.

It wasn't a problem for the last ten years, but got bad last year, so I power hosed it during the summer and it's worse now...

I have been told that power hosing it can cause small pits to allow it get a Better hold this year,..

HOW DO I DEAL WITH IT ? The slime..

And is there any product to seal the pavements ?

Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Jeyes fluid or a spray with diluted bleach will work on most surfaces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

While that sorts killing it it seems to only work short term.

I would love to have some way of sealing the pathway to prevent or slow its return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Jeyes fluid at 150mls/5L water should kill it.

What type of paths are they? Concrete, gravel, slabs, paving?

Self-leveling concrete would work if they're concrete paths and the gaps are a few mm's. A scud-like mix would do for deeper concrete or slabs. Gravel needs to have the source killed and treated as soon as it returns, while paving needs more sand/grit maybe with a residual herbicide added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Concrete paving it's perfect without cracks or holes. It's a little rough after power washing but not an issue under foot.

Could I use thompsons sealant on it ?

Advertisement