Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house and can't move bb band plan, asked to pay 131 fine

Options
  • 19-02-2017 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Hi there, family member is moving house and have 7 out of 18 months of contract left. They were told on multiple occasions broadband only plan is not available anymore and they have to get new 18 months contract and pay 131 cancellation fee. From my previous experience moving house was much more user friendly and no penalties were implied.  Not sure what is situation with consumers rights ?  Is goodwill became a history now?
    Thank you for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

rai555 wrote: »
    Hi there, family member is moving house and have 7 out of 18 months of contract left. They were told on multiple occasions broadband only plan is not available anymore and they have to get new 18 months contract and pay 131 cancellation fee. From my previous experience moving house was much more user friendly and no penalties were implied.  Not sure what is situation with consumers rights ?  Is goodwill became a history now?
    Thank you for the help
    Hi  rai555,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Once they move all services they are availing of to their new home early cease charges should not apply. If they get in touch with me here I'd be more than happy to assist them with this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

Advertisement