Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming lessons

Options
  • 19-02-2017 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi. In forties, never swam. Not scared of water but a bit nervous about learning to swim. Anyone start late with good results in Cork : willing to travel anywhere in City or county. Would u recommend one to one or group sessions. Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Eilis Burns in Silversprings is excellent, she taught me to swim and at age 37 I thought I was a lost cause. Go for private lessons, and try to get to the pool a couple of times in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Frasier

Thanks Diziet. Much appreciated. Must just build up courage now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

you're certainly not alone in learning to swim later on in life, and never too late either.
    I know Leisureworld do classes for adults but I don't know how good the classes are and it's a bit exposed in that place really, you may want more private tuition as Diziet mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

There are ten free swimming lessons available on the 'swim for a mile' program. I know some people who did it last year and they found them great.
    https://www.swimforamile.com/

They have various levels, from complete newcomer, to improvers.

Thanks guys. Swim for 50 meters would do me!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Don't go to elish....she'll kill him :) Gary in Brookfield is top as well
    Diziet wrote: »
    Eilis Burns in Silversprings is excellent, she taught me to swim and at age 37 I thought I was a lost cause. Go for private lessons, and try to get to the pool a couple of times in between.

One on one is the only way to go though

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Oakgrove is also fantastic.

Diarmuid was an epic swimming when he was a kid
    aisling86 wrote: »
    Oakgrove is also fantastic.

Thanks guys. Must bite the bullet and book somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Did you go anywhere in the end? I gotta get on this myself.

Advertisement