If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canton DM 55 DM 100 or Sonos Playbar

Options
  • 19-02-2017 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some advice. I have recently got a Panasonic 50" LED tv and am not happy with the LG (LAB540) sound plate I have, so I want to upgrade to something better... After doing research, it seems that the best out there now is the Canton DM 55, which I could get but I am wondering if I would be better off with the DM 100 since the TV is 50"... I have checked the ratings on the likes of which co uk and whathifi and others but I really do not get why the DM 55 has better ratings than the DM 100... Another contender would be the SONOS playbar or the Yamaha YSP 2500... but for the sake of being tidy, my heart beats more for one of the Cantons... Could you please advise? Also, if I order from you, how long does it normally take to reach ROI addresses in the south-west of Ireland? Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some advice. I have recently got a Panasonic 50" LED tv and am not happy with the LG (LAB540) sound plate I have, so I want to upgrade to something better... After doing research, it seems that the best out there now is the Canton DM 55, which I could get but I am wondering if I would be better off with the DM 100 since the TV is 50"... I have checked the ratings on the likes of which co uk and whathifi and others but I really do not get why the DM 55 has better ratings than the DM 100... Another contender would be the SONOS playbar or the Yamaha YSP 2500... but for the sake of being tidy, my heart beats more for one of the Cantons... Could you please advise? Also, if I order from you, how long does it normally take to reach ROI addresses in the south-west of Ireland? Thanks
    Hi whydoibother,

The Cantons are fantastic sound systems for the money. Between the DM55 and the DM100 it really depends on the size of the room you are putting it into. The DM100 is a larger model designed for larger rooms and may be a little bombastic for a smaller room which may be why it gets poorer reviews.

I do like the sound of the Sonos Playbar as well, they are very detailed for film and give a decent amount of bass even without the sub. They also have the functionality of wireless streaming and the ability to upgrade to a wireless surround or multiroom set up. For the money I think the Playbar is the better buy.

Our shipping usually takes 3-5 working days depending on stock levels. We have the Playbar and DM55 in stock in our main warehouse and I only have one of the DM100s left in store.

Let me know what you think.

David

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭whydoibother

Hi whydoibother,

The Cantons are fantastic sound systems for the money. Between the DM55 and the DM100 it really depends on the size of the room you are putting it into. The DM100 is a larger model designed for larger rooms and may be a little bombastic for a smaller room which may be why it gets poorer reviews.

I do like the sound of the Sonos Playbar as well, they are very detailed for film and give a decent amount of bass even without the sub. They also have the functionality of wireless streaming and the ability to upgrade to a wireless surround or multiroom set up. For the money I think the Playbar is the better buy.

Our shipping usually takes 3-5 working days depending on stock levels. We have the Playbar and DM55 in stock in our main warehouse and I only have one of the DM100s left in store.

David
    Hi David, thanks for your reply. Money is not the issue, I just want something that's really good. The SONOS play bar would need to go up on the wall over the TV, which means I would not be able to use the buttons, but I am not eliminating that option yet... The room size is 13ftx9ft, so perhaps the DM55 would do, but since the TV is a 50 inch and would not go on top of the DM 55 base, I would need to put some coasters under the TV stands in order to raise them to the size of the DM55. The DM 100 would solve this problem as the TV would go on top of the whole base and then we would even gain space for a few boxes on top of the base, below the TV... but perhaps the DM 100 would be too much for a 13ftx9ft room? If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Your advice is greatly appreciated. I'd like to get something good. A few years ago, we went up to Dublin to get the LG LAB540, which was quite expensive and, in the end, the sound is not great, though it does have a lot of good features...

David, I am resubmitting my query as I understand my post above may have been a bit confusing. Please note that I am considering the Cantons, the Sonos and the Yamaha, but I am open to suggestions for the best. Your advice would be appreciated.

My room size is 13 feet by 9 feet. Do you think the dm 100 will be too powerful for a room this size?

The issue is as follows:

DM55 - will fit under the TV with space for the Sky Q box but I will need to put coasters under the feet of the TV so the DM55 may fit just under it;

DM75 - will fit under TV with no space for Sky Q and I will need to put coasters under the feet;

DM100 - the TV will go on top of the whole base, no need for coasters, I will have enough room for the sky Q box and any other small boxes I may need but is the DM 100 overpowering for a 13ft by 9 ft room?

Sonos play bar - no space under the TV so it will need to go above the TV, I will not have access to the buttons - will the Sonos be good enough up on the wall, I wonder... I have read some reviews that say it does not fill the room and you need to get an extra subwoofer...

Yamaha YSP 2500 (or other) - they seem to fit and then they have the IR repeater for the TV remote signal but I am not sure

I still don't get why the DM 55 gets better ratings than the other two (DM 75 and DM 100)... Also, there are the considerations regarding dimensions to fit with the TV and power to suit a 13ft x 9 ft room.

Thank you.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Whydoi bother,

thanks for the extended post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The DM100 is significantly better in all respects than the DM55 - however of course all reviews are subjective and they take price into account - the DM55 is excellent value at £329 / €399 - the DM100 is more expensive at £499 / €599 and it will always be reviewed against its peers in this price range which is a tougher price range as many of the sound bars and bases around this price range are 'smart' bars and may include HDMI connectivity etc.

...However if you are purely looking at decent Audio quality and not the feature count then the DM100 is right up there at the top of the pile and I feel that it represents excellent value:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201576-dm100.aspx

In terms of alternatives - the Yamaha YSP2500 is completely finished for us now - it has been replaced by the YSP2700 which is pretty exceptional but in a different price category at £899 / €949:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202216-ysp2700.aspx

The Sonos Playbar is excellent if you would like to establish a multi-room system but the DM100 and the YSP2700 are significantly better in terms of pure sound quality ( The Sonos Playbar is also just about to have a huge-price hike!)

If you wanted to complicate things even further than I would recommend you have a look at the brand new Cambridge TV5 Version 2 - have a look at the new review from What HiFi here:
    http://www.whathifi.com/cambridge-audio/tv5-v2/review

The TV5 V2 is super value at £299 / €349 - its a larger sound-base like the DM100 ( it measures 100H * 725W * 340D) and also features Optical / HDMI / Analogue or Bluetooth inputs - its the latest generation of the Bases we have had in and it really does sound excellent - check it out here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202341-tv5-v2.aspx

Thanks again and don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist in any way

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

The remote stopped working and I've just bought this item a few weeks ago... I've tried changing the battery but no good. Also, there is an issue with lip sync that I can't fix because the lips start moving and only afterwards the sound starts...

Regards
    RM

Hi Whydoi bother,

The DM100 is significantly better in all respects than the DM55 - however of course all reviews are subjective and they take price into account - the DM55 is excellent value at £329 / €399 - the DM100 is more expensive at £499 / €599 and it will always be reviewed against its peers in this price range which is a tougher price range as many of the sound bars and bases around this price range are 'smart' bars and may include HDMI connectivity etc.

...However if you are purely looking at decent Audio quality and not the feature count then the DM100 is right up there at the top of the pile and I feel that it represents excellent value:

In terms of alternatives - the Yamaha YSP2500 is completely finished for us now - it has been replaced by the YSP2700 which is pretty exceptional but in a different price category at £899 / €949:

The Sonos Playbar is excellent if you would like to establish a multi-room system but the DM100 and the YSP2700 are significantly better in terms of pure sound quality ( The Sonos Playbar is also just about to have a huge-price hike!)

If you wanted to complicate things even further than I would recommend you have a look at the brand new Cambridge TV5 Version 2 - have a look at the new review from What HiFi here:

The TV5 V2 is super value at £299 / €349 - its a larger sound-base like the DM100 ( it measures 100H * 725W * 340D) and also features Optical / HDMI / Analogue or Bluetooth inputs - its the latest generation of the Bases we have had in and it really does sound excellent - check it out here:

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Hi John,

The remote stopped working and I've just bought this item a few weeks ago... I've tried changing the battery but no good. Also, there is an issue with lip sync that I can't fix because the lips start moving and only afterwards the sound starts...

Regards
    RM

Hi Whydoi bother,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey Whydoibother.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your purchase.

Does the lip sync issue on everything that is outputted through it?

I know that set top boxes have an option in their menus to adjust lip sync have you tried this?

if you drop me you name in a PM I'll find your account on our system.

Hopefully we can get this sorted swiftly for you.

Hi Kenny

The remote stopped working too. You have not replied to that. Will you send me a new remote?

Thanks
    RM

Hey Whydoibother.

I know that set top boxes have an option in their menus to adjust lip sync have you tried this?

Hi Kenny

The remote stopped working too. You have not replied to that. Will you send me a new remote?

Thanks
    RM

Hey Whydoibother.

Hi Whydoibother.

Yes I did read that but did not reply on it as there is no point sending you a replacement remote if the unit is faulty.
    As if it is only up to 4 weeks old it would be a straight replacement should it be faulty.

Let me know if you can adjust the lip sync via your source and if the lip sync is out on everything eg.... TV, Set top box, bluray player, games console or what ever you have connected.

Drop me you full name in a PM and I can bring up your account on our system.

The lip sync cannot be adjusted via source because the lips start moving before the sound kicks in - Sky and other sources only allow you to delay the sound, not the picture. The unit was purchased on the 21st of February. I have phoned the after sales and they were bringing up the invoice but then the call was disconnected... I tried again a couple of times, but now it says there is a great volume of calls, so they suggest I leave a message with my postcode and my contact number. Since I live in the Republic, I cannot supply a UK postcode.

The lip sync cannot be adjusted via source because the lips start moving before the sound kicks in - Sky and other sources only allow you to delay the sound, not the picture. The unit was purchased on the 21st of February. I have phoned the after sales and they were bringing up the invoice but then the call was disconnected... I tried again a couple of times, but now it says there is a great volume of calls, so they suggest I leave a message with my postcode and my contact number. Since I live in the Republic, I cannot supply a UK postcode.
    Hey Whydoibother.

There is no product that can adjust the picture, all lip sync is audio.

OK, to save any more too and froing if you can rebox the unit and return it to us here at:
    Richersounds 
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

Once we receive it back we can give it a full test at this end and take it from there.

Please box all accys with it also in case it needs exchanged.

Where you calling our UK website after sales or us here in Belfast?

• Advertisement

I was calling Belfast and I just want the remote replaced. The DM100 is a huge heavy unit, I'm happy with the sound, the lip sync happens only when watching DTS/Dolby Digital movies. If I change the Tv setting to pcm it works ok, but of course I don't get the full benefit of digital.

Like I said, I just want the remote replaced. The issue with the lip sync may be to do with the Tv and I'm having that looked after by Panasonic as we speak.

Hey Whydoibother.

OK, to save any more too and froing if you can rebox the unit and return it to us here at:
    Richersounds 
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

Once we receive it back we can give it a full test at this end and take it from there.

I was calling Belfast and I just want the remote replaced. The DM100 is a huge heavy unit, I'm happy with the sound, the lip sync happens only when watching DTS/Dolby Digital movies. If I change the Tv setting to pcm it works ok, but of course I don't get the full benefit of digital.

Like I said, I just want the remote replaced. The issue with the lip sync may be to do with the Tv and I'm having that looked after by Panasonic as we speak.

Hey Whydoibother.

Richersounds 
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FN

Hi WhydoIbother.

I will get a remote ordered in for you and send it down once it arrives with us.

If you could drop the faulty one in the post to us as Q Acoustics will require the faulty one back.

Again apologies for any hassle caused.

Hello,

I have purchased the item below from you and I am happy with it. The only problem is that the TV I had is not 100% compatible with it because when Dolby Digital is selected on the TV, there is a significant lip sync delay between the picture and the sound, which cannot be fixed by using the lip sync manual adjustment because it is the sound that is delayed not the picture… Basically, my 4K TV delays the sound while processing it through HDMI.

I was wondering if you could help me by suggesting a TV (4K or 1980p - I have realized that 4K is only noticeable in big screens - all I want is a 48 to 50 inch), that is compatible with Dolby and also the DM100 Canton… 

At the moment, I am fixing this issue by connecting my devices through an optical cable, but I have 3 devices and one TosLink input on the DM100, so it is rather a nuisance to be switching them over…

Thanks

Hello,

I have purchased the item below from you and I am happy with it. The only problem is that the TV I had is not 100% compatible with it because when Dolby Digital is selected on the TV, there is a significant lip sync delay between the picture and the sound, which cannot be fixed by using the lip sync manual adjustment because it is the sound that is delayed not the picture… Basically, my 4K TV delays the sound while processing it through HDMI.

I was wondering if you could help me by suggesting a TV (4K or 1980p - I have realized that 4K is only noticeable in big screens - all I want is a 48 to 50 inch), that is compatible with Dolby and also the DM100 Canton… 

At the moment, I am fixing this issue by connecting my devices through an optical cable, but I have 3 devices and one TosLink input on the DM100, so it is rather a nuisance to be switching them over…

Thanks
    Hi WhydoIbother.

Thanks for coming back to us and sorry to hear there are issues between your current TV and the Canton.

Does it only happen on certain sources or everything that is connected to the television?
    You could try connecting it by connecting all your sources to the TV via HDMI and then Optical from the TV to the Canton. This way anything on the screen will have the audio outputted to the DM100.

What TV is it that you currently own?

I ask so many questions because pretty much all television should work with the Canton DM100 and the issue may lie somewhere else in the setup causing the lip sync.

Not that I don't want to sell you a new TV but I'd rather get to the bottom of the issue at hand first in case it would just transfer to a newer set and not solve the issue if it lies elsewhere.

Hello,

Thanks
    Hi WhydoIbother.

Thanks for coming back to us and sorry to hear there are issues between your current TV and the Canton.

Does it only happen on certain sources or everything that is connected to the television?
    You could try connecting it by connecting all your sources to the TV via HDMI and then Optical from the TV to the Canton. This way anything on the screen will have the audio outputted to the DM100.

I ask so many questions because pretty much all television should work with the Canton DM100 and the issue may lie somewhere else in the setup causing the lip sync.

Not that I don't want to sell you a new TV but I'd rather get to the bottom of the issue at hand first in case it would just transfer to a newer set and not solve the issue if it lies elsewhere.

Hi Kenny,
    I have a DX700 Panasonic TV and this only happens when I am using Dolby Digital. The TV has gone back to be repaired, they replaced the motherboard, but the issue is still there with any Dolby Digital devices, such as the Sky Q box, Apple TV, Android box, and BlueRay player.
    I actually used to connect these devices to the TV (as you suggest) but it is the TV that delays the sound. When I connect them directly to the Canton, the sound is perfectly synced with the picture.
    Panasonic advised that the only fix would be to switch off bitstream (digital sound) on the TV and choose PCM, but if I do that then I do not have Dolby, I cannot take advantage of the good sound quality... I have tried that but now that I have a good soundbar, such as the Canton, I would like to actually get the best sound possible... And even though my Panasonic does not stop the sound, per se, it delays it when processed through HDMI.

Sky Q + Android box + BluRay to TV thru HDMI and then TV to Canton thru Optical = sound delay.
    Sky Q + Android box + BluRay through optical to Canton (only one device at a time) = perfect sound

I hope this helps. Please do ask all the questions you need. I can phone you if you prefer.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks
    Hi WhydoIbother.

Hi Kenny,
    I have a DX700 Panasonic TV and this only happens when I am using Dolby Digital. The TV has gone back to be repaired, they replaced the motherboard, but the issue is still there with any Dolby Digital devices, such as the Sky Q box, Apple TV, Android box, and BlueRay player.
    I actually used to connect these devices to the TV (as you suggest) but it is the TV that delays the sound. When I connect them directly to the Canton, the sound is perfectly synced with the picture.
    Panasonic advised that the only fix would be to switch off bitstream (digital sound) on the TV and choose PCM, but if I do that then I do not have Dolby, I cannot take advantage of the good sound quality... I have tried that but now that I have a good soundbar, such as the Canton, I would like to actually get the best sound possible... And even though my Panasonic does not stop the sound, per se, it delays it when processed through HDMI.

Sky Q + Android box + BluRay to TV thru HDMI and then TV to Canton thru Optical = sound delay.
    Sky Q + Android box + BluRay through optical to Canton (only one device at a time) = perfect sound

I hope this helps. Please do ask all the questions you need. I can phone you if you prefer.

Thanks
    Hi WhyDoIBother.

Ah.... Now I understand.

I haven't came across this issue with any other Panasonics that we have sold. I think I might need to set some up here at the store with the DM55 and see what happens. (Don't have any stock left of the DM100).

For changing the TV you could look at the Samsung UE49KU6500 (Curved) priced at £549.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202045-ue49ku6500.aspx

There is also the LG 49UH668 priced at £529.00
    http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49UH668V

There are also a few 55" if you could fit one in.

LG 55UH661 priced at £599.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201994-55uh661v.aspx

Hisense 55M7000 priced at £679.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202156-55m7000.aspx

Let me know if any of the above TV's catch your eye.

I'll pop a little post up once I test over a few products and let you know the out come.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your post. Please have a look at the link below, it may explain the issue better. 

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough

I was looking for a Sony TV if possible the 7 or 8 Bravia series, which is recommended in the list above. 

Another link that might be useful hails from the manufacturer of the SONOS soundbar, which also has the same issues I am complaining of, so this is not specific to the Canton. Please see the 2 links below:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1931/~/television-compatibility-with-the-playbar-or-playbase

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/home-theater-and-television-recommendation-megathread-6735001/index1.html#post15994648

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks
    Hi WhydoIbother.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks
    Hi WhyDoIBother.

Ah.... Now I understand.

I haven't came across this issue with any other Panasonics that we have sold. I think I might need to set some up here at the store with the DM55 and see what happens. (Don't have any stock left of the DM100).

For changing the TV you could look at the Samsung UE49KU6500 (Curved) priced at £549.00

I'll pop a little post up once I test over a few products and let you know the out come.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your post. Please have a look at the link below, it may explain the issue better. 

http://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough

I was looking for a Sony TV if possible the 7 or 8 Bravia series, which is recommended in the list above. 

Another link that might be useful hails from the manufacturer of the SONOS soundbar, which also has the same issues I am complaining of, so this is not specific to the Canton. Please see the 2 links below:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1931/~/television-compatibility-with-the-playbar-or-playbase

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/home-theater-and-television-recommendation-megathread-6735001/index1.html#post15994648

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks
    Hi WhydoIbother.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks
    Hi WhyDoIBother.

Ah.... Now I understand.

Thanks for the links WhyDoIBother.

I'll have a read over them and conduct a few tests of my own.

The Sony XD range in 49" has now finished as the NEW versions are now released.
    There are some of the 55XD8599 left in stock priced at £899
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201902-bravia-kd55xd8599.aspx

The NEW (WE) range would start at the 49WE663 priced at £699
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202491-bravia-kdl49we663.aspx

The (XE) range has the 49XE8004 coming in at £979.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202480-bravia-kd49xe8004.aspx?swapstore=1

Hey WhyDoIBother.

*Little update*

Connected our 40DX700 to a Panasonic bluray player and also to the NEW Sony 4k player via Audioquest HDMI's and then Optical from the TV to the DM55 and no issues at all. Running bitstream for Dolby Digital.

Then connected the 40DX700 to the Q Acoustics M4 - No issues.
    Tried the Cambridge Audio TV5 - Also No issues.

I've got a 58DX902 in our demo room, so I'm gonna test it with the playbar and will also try it with the 40DX700.

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your tests. Even when using the sound from the TV speakers, I get the delay in the sound on my 50'' DX700 - this only happens with the devices connected through HDMI to the TV, such as BluRay, Apple TV, Sky Q box... The TV went to Craigavon TV Service center to be repaired... They replaced the motherboard, but it's got the same lip sync delay... 

When you say you're connecting the DX700 (50'') using bitstream, does the DM55 automatically change from PCM to DDS? Mine does. Anyway, like I said, its the same from the TV speakers... The sound delay is always there from any of the HDMI connected devices when bitstream is selected on the Audio TV settings... 

According to Craigavon, Panasonic then told them to advise me not to use bitstream, or instead use an optical cable. The problem is that if I do not use bitstream, the TV does not allow the Dolby Digital and DTS to passthrough to the soundbar, so I all I am getting is PCM... If I use an optical cable, then the sound is OK, but I need to be constantly swapping cables because the Canton only has one input...

Is there anything you can do at all to help me? I thought this was an issue with Panasonic, but you are now telling me it works fine on your Panasonic TVs there, without a lip sync delay, using bitstream selected on the Panasonic settings, so I do not know anymore...

This is very frustrating.

Thanks...
    Hey WhyDoIBother.

*Little update*

Connected our 40DX700 to a Panasonic bluray player and also to the NEW Sony 4k player via Audioquest HDMI's and then Optical from the TV to the DM55 and no issues at all. Running bitstream for Dolby Digital.

I've got a 58DX902 in our demo room, so I'm gonna test it with the playbar and will also try it with the 40DX700.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for your tests. Even when using the sound from the TV speakers, I get the delay in the sound on my 50'' DX700 - this only happens with the devices connected through HDMI to the TV, such as BluRay, Apple TV, Sky Q box... The TV went to Craigavon TV Service center to be repaired... They replaced the motherboard, but it's got the same lip sync delay... 

When you say you're connecting the DX700 (50'') using bitstream, does the DM55 automatically change from PCM to DDS? Mine does. Anyway, like I said, its the same from the TV speakers... The sound delay is always there from any of the HDMI connected devices when bitstream is selected on the Audio TV settings... 

According to Craigavon, Panasonic then told them to advise me not to use bitstream, or instead use an optical cable. The problem is that if I do not use bitstream, the TV does not allow the Dolby Digital and DTS to passthrough to the soundbar, so I all I am getting is PCM... If I use an optical cable, then the sound is OK, but I need to be constantly swapping cables because the Canton only has one input...

Is there anything you can do at all to help me? I thought this was an issue with Panasonic, but you are now telling me it works fine on your Panasonic TVs there, without a lip sync delay, using bitstream selected on the Panasonic settings, so I do not know anymore...

This is very frustrating.

Thanks...
    Hey WhyDoIBother.

*Little update*

Hi whydoibother,

We will continue to run tests to see whar we can come up with but in the meantime, what brand of HDMI cables are you using and are all the HDMI cables in the system the same?

I've tried with all different types of hdmi cables. One even cost me 50 Euro at Maplins. My Tv has a hdmi1 - hdcp2, hdmi2 is hdcp2 as well as ARC (I hoped this one would work better, but no); hdmi3 is a normal one. I've tried them all. I keep swapping cables to see which one works better, it really makes no difference...

I've tried with all different types of hdmi cables. One even cost me 50 Euro at Maplins. My Tv has a hdmi1 - hdcp2, hdmi2 is hdcp2 as well as ARC (I hoped this one would work better, but no); hdmi3 is a normal one. I've tried them all. I keep swapping cables to see which one works better, it really makes no difference...
    Hey WhyDoIBother.

Leave it with me and I'll see what I can come up with.
    I'll have a chat with Panasonic from his end and see what they say.

Ok thanks I look forward to that

Hey WhyDoIBother.

Hey WhyDoIBother.

Just to let you know I have not forgotten about you.

I'm still checking to see what we can do other than send the engineer out again but its looking like that maybe the only option.

Panasonic have said that it would be very rare of all sources connected to the TV to be giving lip sync issues through the TV speakers and think it maybe some form of audio processing issue or fault.

Thanks, Kenny. Yes, that's exactly what it is, but Panasonic have told me there is nothing they can do, they say it is an issue with all these TVs.

Hey WhyDoIBother.

I'm still checking to see what we can do other than send the engineer out again but its looking like that maybe the only option.

Panasonic have said that it would be very rare of all sources connected to the TV to be giving lip sync issues through the TV speakers and think it maybe some form of audio processing issue or fault.

Thanks, Kenny. Yes, that's exactly what it is, but Panasonic have told me there is nothing they can do, they say it is an issue with all these TVs.

Hey WhyDoIBother.

Hey WhyDoIBother.

I've a few feelers out and once I get any info I'll drop you a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.