Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change payment dates + Requested deposit - 300 Eur?

Options
  • 19-02-2017 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

1) Is it possible to change payment dates? I am having trouble paying on 14th of every month, can I setup direct debit for every 24th of the month? 

2) My payment is overdue this month and I just got 300 euro deposit applied to my account (probably due to overdue), can I revert this deposit IF I sign up for direct debit (if it's possible to change payment dates)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi arleitiss,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To confirm, are you currently registered for Equliser payments with Electric Ireland? Equaliser is a payment method which allows customers to spread the cost of their yearly bill into twelve equal, monthly direct debit payment amounts. These are debited on the same date each month.

If you are registered for Equliser payments, you can reset the Equaliser to be debited from your bank account on the 24th of every month, instead of the 14th of the month. This can be completed over the phone with a member of the Electric Ireland Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They are avialable to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

Should you have a standard direct debit with Electric Ireland, it may be possible to change the payment date, should you contact Electric Ireland once a bill has been released.

If a direct debit has been removed from an Electric Ireland account (due to a missed payment), then this could cause a €300 security deposit to be applied to the balance of the account. Once the direct debit is set back on the account, then the need for the security deposit would be removed.

We hope this helps. Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement