Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I am now a Leaf 30 kw owner

• 19-02-2017 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Got the car on Thurs have driven 130km or there abouts just for practice have used a fast charger in the Garage Kearys Garrigrohane Road and charged in the South Mall Cork yesterday. Thus far all excellent my road tax is €120 it was over €400. I am having problems with the NissanConnect App but hope to sort this out on Monday, the drive is lovely and probably safer in that the instrument display is much more in your face in terms of your speed and keeps me at or below the limit
    For driving around the city do you recommend Eco drive ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Well wear. :)

In city traffic I find the eco and B mode handy, it auto brakes for me , ultimate laziness!

Otherwise, i leave it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Is that the gunmetal grey one I saw on the Mall yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

That would be me or more correctly the wife :DI havent had a chance to go through a lot of stuff yet but quick question I ordered a Granny cable, and Charger cable I have the charger cable it was in the suitcase yoke in the boot but I cant see the Granny cable any idea where it might be or will I just ring Kearys tomorrow I aint very techie so it might be somewhere in the care but thought the obvious place was in the boot ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mine was in a bag in the boot. I got two bags the exact same, so I'd say they didn't give you one.

Many thanks thats what I was thinking so a phone call and visit tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

Best of luck and hope it wears well for you

discostu1 wrote: »
    I havent had a chance to go through a lot of stuff yet but quick question I ordered a Granny cable, and Charger cable...

What did they charge for the granny cable?

Part of the deal I negotiated I think their notional price was €900 but might be wrong

Part of the deal I negotiated I think their notional price was €900 but might be wrong

The 6.6kW upgrade is €900 so maybe you are mixing those up?

Did you order a 6.6kW car?

I'd hope the granny cable isnt €900.

Sorry €900 was on the quote 6kw charger Granny Cable isnt charged for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,743 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Welcome to the Cork Leaf Mafia.

Are there secret handshakes :):) In fairness you Boards folks have been very helpful the Leaf will be mainly for City driving we did the maths and it makes perfect sense. Was delighted to get Parkng in the Mall yesterday but that would be a rareity I'd image. One EV guy told me for the first 6 months he was like a kid getting free wifi so he was publicly charging when he saw a space then he gradually relaxed and did largely home charging as he is also mainly city driving

Another EV on the Road, good stuff, well wear !

You'll appreciate the fact that the 30 Kwh charges faster on the fast charger, same time to 80% only 80% in the 30 Kwh is the same as or close to a 24 Kwh Leaf fully charged !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Good choice!
    Perfect for city and good for intercity driving!

Well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Good to see they have elec in Cork!!
    Good luck OP

rather than start a new leaf here: what is the "embedded value" of getting the 16A home charging unit fitted by the ESB.
    Am looking at new vs S/H right now.
    If I go s/h hand will install a 32 but for now the boss wants to know about the 16A
    Thanks

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

rather than start a new leaf here: what is the "embedded value" of getting the 16A home charging unit fitted by the ESB.

Ballpark... €500-€700, if you source the materials yourself and get an electrician to make it live.

I asked a well known EVSE installer (a guy who does it for eCars) and he quoted me €900+ to supply and install one. Thats a rip off though, IMO.

A few threads you can look at for info...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100706091

If you are looking for a S/H - I have one tethered for sale. 16A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,893 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Best of luck op, keep us potential future EV owners up to date with any thoughts you may have over the coming months.

Yes some of the ESB contractors are taking the Pi** altogether !

Anyone electrical can install it.

You can do all the cabling runs, from the Consumer unit all the way to the EVSE, mount the EVSE on the wall and job done, then all the electrician has to do is to connect either end.

Find out what type of cable you need for instance, indoor/outdoor , armoured or not.

Thanks guys, we are going to test drive the SV later.
    Have discounted S/H as I have a scrappage car ready to go so the math for good quality S/H is not there, especially if it doesn't have what you want:D

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the kind words lads and lassies, wife loves the car. Got a refund on my car insurance today whiich is always welcome. One slight issue its not even an issue but here goes I use the ESB App and was going to Leisureworld Bishpstown to play football at 6.30pm. There is a charge point on the way in to Leisureworld that should accomadate 2 vehicles The App said and is currently saying "ALL out of Contact THe Leaf taxi mentioned in other posts was charging up on thre right hand side. I was going to use the Left hand side charger it showed as live when it read my card but there was a "blank" where you would fit the plug. Not a big issue does one report this to ESB??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Thanks for all the kind words lads and lassies, wife loves the car. Got a refund on my car insurance today whiich is always welcome. One slight issue its not even an issue but here goes I use the ESB App and was going to Leisureworld Bishpstown to play football at 6.30pm. There is a charge point on the way in to Leisureworld that should accomadate 2 vehicles The App said and is currently saying "ALL out of Contact THe Leaf taxi mentioned in other posts was charging up on thre right hand side. I was going to use the Left hand side charger it showed as live when it read my card but there was a "blank" where you would fit the plug. Not a big issue does one report this to ESB??

What kind of charger? Most have doors or hatches that either open automatically or have to be opened by hand.

Can you identify its location here please?
    https://www.zap-map.com/live/

Rossa Avenue Bishopstown County Cork T12 P594

https://www.zap-map.com/live/[/Rossa Avenue Bishopstown County Cork T12 P594

Thanks I called them [ 01 258 3799 ] and logged it as a fault, was logged as fault on 18th Feb

Just over a thousand kms done, no issues at all have only used home charging once, a mix of slow charge/fast charge and work charger. I struggle to find any issue with the car, even the charging network admittedly it is nearly all city driving. Today my wife drove to Kilworth with her walking group and the car was much admired and talked about.Also got notification from the City council Confirming receipt of your application. We will be in contact with you shortly in relation to your application
    This gives me a yearly pass to the Black Ash park and ride and use of the buses in and out of town for free.
    Did I read that after the first 1000 miles that you should drop the car back to the garage? I can check with them tomorrow but if anyone knows let me know

The garage should insist you go back to them on the 1st 1K km so they can give the car a quick check over. I am very surprised you were not asked to do so straight after you completed the deal

Advertisement