Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC exclude zone

Options
  • 19-02-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have a HKC 812 system. I am looking to see if it's possible to exclude a zone on full set (0#4) but include it on part set A (0#7) please. My zone 4 is a P.I.R. protecting the back hall but I want to exclude it during the day because the dogs are there. I have 3 users on the system and trying to teach them to do 0#4*4 during the day is proving impossible which inevitably leads to the alarm going off 5 or 10 mins after they set it due to the dogs. I have a pet friendly P.I.R. installed but it's still triggering

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you enter your user code does it bring you into the user menu or does it set straight away?
    Do you have the engineer code for the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Yep I have the engineers code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I have a HKC 812 system. I am looking to see if it's possible to exclude a zone on full set (0#4) but include it on part set A (0#7) please. My zone 4 is a P.I.R. protecting the back hall but I want to exclude it during the day because the dogs are there. I have 3 users on the system and trying to teach them to do 0#4*4 during the day is proving impossible which inevitably leads to the alarm going off 5 or 10 mins after they set it due to the dogs. I have a pet friendly P.I.R. installed but it's still triggering

Only way is to set up the device as off in PGB and set up the exit timer for same.
    To do this go into engineer mode, scroll to zone menu/zone options.
    Scroll to the zone in options and select No for PGA and Yes for PGB.
    Then go to the systems options/partset options and select PGB exit time to yes.

Then when exiting you will have an exit time for PGB 0#8 code.
    This will leave it off for exiting plus on for 0#7 PGA.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In engineer go to System Options and enable PGB exit time.

In Zone Menu>Zone Options on Your PiR(zone 4) and exclude PGB.

No to leave the PiR off when you go out enter 0#8 and this will part set the system but give you time to exit.

So by doing this does zone 4 become exit / entry zone rather than alarm zone? Will the zone begin a 30 second countdown when the P.I.R is triggered by the dogs during the day.
    So by doing this I will be using 0#8 for daytime and 0#7 for nighttime

• Advertisement

So by doing this does zone 4 become exit / entry zone rather than alarm zone? Will the zone begin a 30 second countdown when the P.I.R is triggered by the dogs during the day.
    So by doing this I will be using 0#8 for daytime and 0#7 for nighttime

Correct, the PIR is off when you leave (0#8) and on at night when you enter 0#7.

Its not set up as a entry/exit zone.
    This would be no good to you as the dog would still set it off.

Great stuff thank you. Just to clarify in zone options I leave zone 4 as alarm ?

Great stuff thank you. Just to clarify in zone options I leave zone 4 as alarm ?

Yes that is correct.
    Its only the options you are changing for that zone.

Brilliant thanks again. One more quick question. I have the ID sensors on my widows and doors. I want to put a reed switch on the doors as a bit extra protection. The ID sensors are wired with 3 wires (power and data) do I just remove the bridging link in the terminals for the reed switch and wire in there or do I have to reconfigure the settings to allow the panel to see the reed switch

Brilliant thanks again

No problem, any other questions please let us know.

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks again. One more quick question. I have the ID sensors on my widows and doors. I want to put a reed switch on the doors as a bit extra protection. The ID sensors are wired with 3 wires (power and data) do I just remove the bridging link in the terminals for the reed switch and wire in there or do I have to reconfigure the settings to allow the panel to see the reed switch

Yes, take out the link and wire the contact into the terminals on the sensor marked alarm.

The system will see it as open when the reed opens so no need to do any programming.

Brilliant stuff thanks again lads

Brilliant stuff thanks again lads

No problem, any other questions let us know.

Advertisement