Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Abroad for an English company

Options
  • 19-02-2017 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I don't know if anyone has experience of this. I've been looking into working abroad in France, for a ski season. The chalet operators are mainly English,which means I'd be working for an English company. I'm Irish, with a full passport.
    Most companies specify a UK bank A/C and UK National Insurance number as necessary.
    1) Do I need these, or can I give them my Irish bank A/C and PPS number?
    2) Can I get a UK bank A/C and NI number without a UK address? I will be working in France. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Hi, I don't know if anyone has experience of this. I've been looking into working abroad in France, for a ski season. The chalet operators are mainly English,which means I'd be working for an English company. I'm Irish, with a full passport.
    Most companies specify a UK bank A/C and UK National Insurance number as necessary.
    1) Do I need these, or can I give them my Irish bank A/C and PPS number?
    2) Can I get a UK bank A/C and NI number without a UK address? I will be working in France. thanks

I was working for a UK company and had my address here in Ireland. I got my UK NI number, had a barclays bank account, and got the medical card for my wife and family as part of the frontier worker arrangements.
    Only problem was the occasional differential in currency fluctuations.
    Dont forget you still will be required to complete a PAYE tax assessment each year. I never had to pay any additional taxes etc just paperfilling and making sure I had my tax reliefs etc.

Advertisement