Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space X rocket successfully takes off

Options
  • 19-02-2017 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

From Moonshot Complex 39A. The same launch site used by the first men to walk on the moon in Apollo 11.
    It was in used in 1969 by Buzz Aldrin and Neill Armstrong in Apollo 11 on there trip the first ever trip buy humans to the moon.

Think its great to see .
    Space X plan to start sending astronauts into space next year all going to plan.

Am sure there is videos of it launching on the net now. I seen it on Sky News.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

And came back to land as well at LZ-1. Great to see the much talked about throwback of TEL in action.

Not sure if it's just me but the Falcon looks kinda smallish on that pad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Hmmzis wrote: »
    And came back to land as well at LZ-1. Great to see the much talked about throwback of TEL in action.

Not sure if it's just me but the Falcon looks kinda smallish on that pad.

Pretty much the same height as the Delta IV. Maybe a little thinner.

The Saturn Vs were much bigger, of course.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Peregrine wrote: »
    Pretty much the same height as the Delta IV. Maybe a little thinner.

The Saturn Vs were much bigger, of course.
    p305.jpg

larger pic https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/747273main_S73-25654_full.jpg
    Double exposure of Saturn V Skylab and the Saturn 1B , used to visit it , propped up on the worlds biggest "milk stool"

Advertisement