Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier pro opacity

Options
  • 19-02-2017 9:11pm

Hello,

I am having trouble with premier pro
    I am blending two videos using the opacity feature
    Looks great in the editing section
    But when I export it, the result looks completely different. They are still blended, but don't look the way they do in the editing screen
    The video I want less prominent appears more prominent, if that makes sense

I am trying to compensate now before exporting, but I thought it would export the video exactly as it looks in the editor. What's causing the change

Thanks for your time

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think previews can be rendered differently to the end results. If you have an Nvidia graphics card for example it had features to autorender stuff like that on the fly. Although that was a long time ago, maybe all graphics cards do it now. But that would allow for a difference if the program is achieving the task different ways.

From what I understand you're dropping the opacity on one video from 100% to 0, while bringing the next one from 0 to 100%?

You can also do that with transitions, it might be worth trying it that way and see if it makes a difference.

The way the video is encoding may play into it adding artifacts because the compression doesn't take well to fades.

It's hard to make a guess without seeing the video.

Hi scumlord, thanks for your response

I am exporting the video for YouTube so I do wonder if it's related to this
    The issue lies in the bright part of the screen
    Original footage is from inside a car looking out
    When I blend the other video in, any parts that are in front of the open window are very faint when I export, but in editor they look great together

I don't use my rendered files to export as I have read about quality issues. I'll just have to do a bit of trial and error

Sorry, I'm am just adjusting the opacity of the less prevelant video to 20%, leaving main video at 100% I tried increasing it but all it does is make the combined images darker without improving the video which lies in front of the window

Thanks again, appreciate your help

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It could be a lot of things. It could just be the manner that the colours blend and the preview isn't showing the proper blending.

Another option may be a mask. Mask off the dark part of the second video that's causing the darkness.

Thats a really great idea scumlord

I'll try that

Thanks again, really appreciated

Advertisement