Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving abroad

Options
  • 21-02-2017 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Just wanted some advice! I'm a secondary teacher in Dublin, and I'm looking at taking a career break to move abroad. Options include London, Toronto and New Zealand. The one I'm most thinking about is London. I know teaching there isn't meant to be great but I figured I'd even try something new for the year. I'm also gay, and think that the lifestyle in London would be cool to experience and 3 of my mates live there. I'm also very familiar with that city.

Only thing I'm struggling with is, I'm in my comfort zone at the minute. My job is grand, I like where I live in Dublin, but I've had this itch to move abroad or somewhere new for a good while now. I know I should probably just do it, but I'm worried it'll be the wrong decision or that moving to London will end up being the wrong location.

Any advice is much appreciated thanks:)
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement