Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regulations / rules

Options
  • 19-02-2017 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have entered quest Glendalough as a first timer but can't find rules / regs anywhere- I ain't sure how transitions work etc.

Would anyone have a link or a suggestion?

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Hi all, I have entered quest Glendalough as a first timer but can't find rules / regs anywhere- I ain't sure how transitions work etc.

Would anyone have a link or a suggestion?

Ta

All info should be here.

http://www.questadventureseries.com/race/quest-glendalough/race-information/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

What are you wondering about?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

DSq for not putting on my helmet at the right place, when can I start cycling? How do I stop / start my timing, the basics really.

I had previously looked thru that link but it wasn't really what I was looking for.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

chip timing most likey something strapped around your leg you dont have to do anything with it it works itself

helmet goes on before you take your bike off the rack and similarly doesnt come off until your bike is re-racked

there will be a mount line usually a few metres after the exit from bike area and similarly there will be a dismount as you come back in

theres nothing hugely complicated to it all and there will most likely be a quick run through of this and anything thats particular to the event at the race briefing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

woody1 wrote: »
    chip timing most likey something strapped around your leg you dont have to do anything with it it works itself
    Most adventure races (if not all I have done) didn't use "chip timing" per say as it's very difficult to get timing equipment/power up to the top of a mountain. You will most likely be given a dibber which you will have to scan against a dibbing machine as you pass certain locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

fletch wrote: »
    Most adventure races (if not all I have done) didn't use "chip timing" per say as it's very difficult to get timing equipment/power up to the top of a mountain. You will most likely be given a dibber which you will have to scan against a dibbing machine as you pass certain locations.

Yip, you will be fitted with a disc strapped to your wrist. You will pass this (like a contactless payment) against a control mounted on a stake at the key places.

There will be a pre race briefing which will explain what you should and should not do. Don't be like 95% of the crowd and yap your way through this. Move to the front and listen, it's not difficult to understand but you may be given pointers on the route.

As above, helmet on and clipped before touching bicycle. Other than that have tons of fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

fair enough re chip timing last time i did sea to summit it was chipped, and i think achill roar in 2015 was as well, but gaelforce definitely has dibbers either way its not complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

That's great info- I did see the term dibber used on some reading over the weekend.

Thanks all

Advertisement