Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA timelines

Options
  • 19-02-2017 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Hi

Flying to the US this Thursday pm I assumed the esta was immediate. I applied for the group on as a family - it came back pending approval saying it should take up to 72 hours - does anyone know what the average wait time is?

Thanks

R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

More suited to here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Mods can move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its normally instant. If it didn't come through instantly, a human will likely need to approve it - check tomorrow evening Irish time. You would be well advised to apply further in advance in future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue, moved to United States forum

@ED E - in future please Report Post so that a mod is aware. Simply posting a link doesn't help. In fact, posters often go off and create duplicate threads

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

I applied last Thursday around 3pm & it came back approved by 7pm. I did my husband's on Friday around 6pm & it was approved by the time I went back in to check the status. You need to keep checking the status. I thought I would get an email but you dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Mine came back as pending and I refreshed the page a minute or two later and it was approved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Folks I did the ESTA before Christmas but I've no record of doing it and got no email. Do I need anything to bring to the airport?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Assuming it's the same passport then no you are good to go. They'll see the visa when they scan the passport at check in.

I once had to whip out my laptop and apply for it while standing at the aer Lingus check in desk because my two year esta had expired without me realising.

You can go on to the cbp site and enter your details to look up your visa if you want for peace of mind. You can also update the hotel you're staying at.

They don't send email confirmation of the visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Sorry folks, just to confirm, never had ESTA but will be travelling in August with family. Time enough applying a week or 2 before travelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

riddles wrote: »
    Hi

Flying to the US this Thursday pm I assumed the esta was immediate. I applied for the group on as a family - it came back pending approval saying it should take up to 72 hours - does anyone know what the average wait time is?

Thanks

R
    Our family one was 24 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dodzy wrote: »
    Sorry folks, just to confirm, never had ESTA but will be travelling in August with family. Time enough applying a week or 2 before travelling?

Yes. This is a good time to check that everyone's passport will still be current. It doesn't need to be valid for more than the actual trip.

• Advertisement
Advertisement