Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod warning in post #4217

Options
  • 20-02-2017 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭

Just a small thing, but I notice this quite a bit across different forums.

A mod puts a warning in a thread and amends the thread title to indicate the post # with the warning. But when the warning is added to the end of the thread, before long it'll be buried in the middle of the thread - and that makes it much more difficult for posters to access it.

Putting general mod warnings into the OP would help this.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Or a link into the OP to the warning post. Touch doesn't show post numbers which makes it near impossible to find the warning post. This is a regular enough feedback request tbh.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Orion wrote: »
    Or a link into the OP to the warning post. Touch doesn't show post numbers which makes it near impossible to find the warning post. This is a regular enough feedback request tbh.

I tend to quote the warning post in the OP which gives the link also - sometime posters need to check to the original to see when it was posted. I think the idea of having it both within a separate post within the thread and linked back in the OP is probably the best way, certainly for the longer threads

The worst thing, which has been picked up in prior threads here, is probably when there's a warning that has ongoing relevance but no reference in the OP or thread title. That then relies on posters either reading the full thread (which may be impractical for some of the longer ones) or stumbling across it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

You should be able to have it as a "floating" last post

Then when someone posts, it will move down again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Beasty wrote: »
    I tend to quote the warning post in the OP which gives the link also - sometime posters need to check to the original to see when it was posted. I think the idea of having it both within a separate post within the thread and linked back in the OP is probably the best way, certainly for the longer threads

Yes that's what I meant. The warning should stay in place in the thread as it'll be relevant to the posts above it. But then a link in the OP would help greatly.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

gctest50 wrote: »
    You should be able to have it as a "floating" last post

Then when someone posts, it will move down again

Unfortunately the software Boards uses doesn't allow for that. It would be a handy feature though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just add mod warnings to OP which is the post read by just about everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭weisses

biko wrote: »
    I just add mod warnings to OP which is the post read by just about everyone

Which is the only way to go tbh ... specially with fast moving threads

Advertisement