Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NewBorn Savings Account

• 20-02-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi

What is the best hassle free account to open for a newborn
    that recieved alot of cash presents, as a lot of new parents
    time is off essence so looking something safe and hassle free?
    What do i need to open account under baby name
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

We opened 2 for our daughter 10years ago - one with my own bank (AIB at the time) and I have a direct debit going monthly into that, But we also opened a post office savings account, no standing order/DD into this, but we go regularly into the PO with her, so she gets into the habit of handing over he own savings and seeing the balance grow.

State savings are also a great option, we have a few lump sum savings certs with them, but you can also set up a regular plan with them from your childrens allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I asked a similar question over here recently if its of any help.

http://askaboutmoney.com/threads/savings-account-for-newborn.202502/#post-1505700

An EBS Childrens saving account was suggested along with some other options.

Advertisement