Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of Clontarf 10mile easter monday

Options
  • 20-02-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I missed this race due to a head cold last year.

Location suits .

Three lap loop of st annes?Is that correct?

Any advice ,views would be appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

previous thread

I think the course is a bit more complicated than "3 laps of the park", there are small laps and changes in laps and so on. Flat but very twisty, is the impression I get. Might be a different route again this year though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Course from last year

https://www.strava.com/activities/528815690

Flat course with one minor climb, alot of twisting and turning (tends to favour us little guys)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

I whinged and moaned about this course last year....and yet its flat, has a good deal of long straights to run on and is well supported. There are a fair few tight turns to contend with but that's what you get when running a 10 mile race in a park that has a circumference of a little over 4 miles.

I'll be back this year because its a great spot for a race...and will hopefully limit the whinging and moaning afterwards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I ran this race last year and the year before, setting PBs on both occasions.

Unfortunately I won't be back to go for the hat-trick, as my exams start later that week. Well organised and an enjoyable way to start Easter Monday. Best of luck to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Pretty sure I'll sign up for this. I read somewhere (can try dig it out if needed) that it starts at 4pm. That's hardly right is it?

Course looks like it has a few too many turns but sure look, it's local and I've heard good things about it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Pretty sure I'll sign up for this. I read somewhere (can try dig it out if needed) that it starts at 4pm. That's hardly right is it?

Its a 10am start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Course from last year

https://www.strava.com/activities/528815690

Flat course with one minor climb, alot of twisting and turning (tends to favour us little guys)
    That's a nuts course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Out of curiosity, is the commemorative plaque the same as the Raheny 5 mile with a different inscription or is it completely different?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

How do you enter this? Its not up online as far as I can see

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭tony stark

Thanks a mil

just signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

The wife was thinking of doing this but was wondering about the course, does anyone have any ideas?

The wife was thinking of doing this but was wondering about the course, does anyone have any ideas?

Link to last year in an earlier post, I think it will be the same kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

RayCun wrote: »
    Link to last year in an earlier post, I think it will be the same kind of thing
    Yeah saw that but i think they have tweeked the course every year!
    It says on the litrerature that the course takes in roads around Raheny and starts and finishs in St Annes park.
    was thinking maybe they have decided to move away from the snakes and ladders course and have a proper course this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Signed up to this last week but never saw anything about race numbers. Are they posted out or do you pick them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Signed up to this last week but never saw anything about race numbers. Are they posted out or do you pick them up?

Last year I collected mine in Clontarf GAA club on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Looks like route is up & down the Avenue an then 2 Laps....

Battle of Clontarf 10 Course Route

Good evening, Please see below the course map for the Battle of Clontarf 10 which takes place on easter Monday.
    The course is completely inside St. Anne's Park and will be two laps of one route.

The race starts at the top of the main avenue in St. Anne's Park (Black line on map) and moves toward the St. Pauls College entrance, the race than loops back up toward the start, it takes a left turn before the start line (Yellow line) and follows the path around the main avenue and down toward the coast side of the park, before turning left again and moves along a small section of grass back onto the path and towards Raheny village or the Watermill Road entrance of St. Anne's which is the three mile mark.

The race moves along All Saints Road, moving over Nanekin River and turns left toward St. Pauls college.

The course moves back toward the main avenue with St. Pauls college on your left hand side.

When you renter the main avenue, you take a right hand turn toward the gate and turn onto the other side of the road (Red line). This section brings you down toward mount prospect avenue part of St. Anne's move turning back toward the Rose Gardens (just after the 5 mile marker) where you make a 3/4 lap of the rose garden and move back onto the main avenue.
    At this stage you make a second lap of the park as outlined

anyone know if there is number collection on the morning (at the Red Stables?), as well as on the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

anyone know if there is number collection on the morning (at the Red Stables?), as well as on the weekend?

Looks like number collection on the morning is the only option this year.

https://www.facebook.com/rahenyshamrock/photos/pb.132505856810333.-2207520000.1492009998./1343071789087061/?type=3&theater

they said on facebook
    you can collect your number from Clontarf GAA club on Saturday or Sunday between 11am and 4pm each day. Clontarf GAA club is located on Seafield Avenue Clontarf

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Hello Everyone,

Apologises for the delay in posting some items for the Battle of Clontarf 10 on Easter Monday.

Please see a link to the Q&A for this event http://rahenyshamrock.ie/?p=1406

If you have any questions please email info @ rahenyshamrock.ie

We are also available on facebook and twitter at @rahenyshamrock

Many thanks
    Dave

The Q&A says number collection is available on Saturday and Sunday. Are they the only times? Is there number collection on the morning too?

Dave confirmed by email that there is number collection on the morning in the Red Stables, up to 10am.

(I had him plagued :pac: )

organisers not great.. should send an e mail to all paid entarnts to clarify

the collection points

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭axe2grind

Dave confirmed by email that there is number collection on the morning in the Red Stables, up to 10am.

(I had him plagued :pac: )
    The race starts at 10, so number collection must cease before then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

You can collect your number in Clontarf GAA Club on Seafield Road on Saturday and Sunday 15th and 16th April between 11am and 4pm or on Easter Monday 17th April in the Red Stables, St Annes Park between 8am and 9:30am.

Gotta love a deep prize pool; )

Perfect conditions for racing today, cool, cloudy, and still

• Advertisement

Great race ,very well organised on the day.good numbers,race has potential to grow.

Advertisement