Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for more money after interview

Options
  • 20-02-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭

Went for a job interview and was asked how much i wanted so stated x amount. Seems though that the role will entail a lot more than the job spec details in the future. At that stage I'd want more money for the extra workload and responsibility. How can I say this without seeming greedy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Maybe just say the figure you had in mind was for a role with less responsibility and you think x amount is more fitting for the position. That isn't greed.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,746 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When or rather if they make the actual offer of the job tell them that after sizing things up you would need x amount instead if you were to leave your current position.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Just ask for more. If you have been offered the job they want you.

Advertisement