Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessed Light - small flash

Options
  • 20-02-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Last night one of my upstairs light switches was tripping a fuse in the fuse box whenever I switched it on. When the light was turned on the light flickered for a second and then tripped out the fuse box.

I removed the single bulb that was causing the problem and reset the trip switch and turned on the light switch again. This time there was a flash and a slight smell of burning emanating from a small box behind the recessed light fitting. The box is about the size of a small match box. The light switch controls four separate recessed lights in a ceiling. Anyone idea what caused this or could anyone suggest the easiest fix?

Thanks and apologies for the layman explanation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Problem with the transformer.Any half decent electrician will replace the transformer.Transformers are roughly E10ish ,simple fix would only take a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Cheers premier man

Advertisement