Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MVHR Vaventis Fresh R

• 20-02-2017 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone used the vaventis Fresh R HRV and got them to b=pass the BER; http://www.vaventiswebshop.com/fresh-r-in-the-wall-allergy

You BER guy is not able get them to comply. He looked for help from SEAI and this was their response;

From the information that you have supplied,
    This system appears to only ventilates one room, however if the system is designed to ventilate the whole house then MVHR would be selected , otherwise choose the system that ventilates the majority of the dwelling , with regards documentation for use in DEAP, The test values used in DEAP are obtained for a list of MEV on -

http://www.ncm-pcdb.org.uk/sap/pcdbsearch.jsp?pid=34

The passive house document is not acceptable for use in DEAP.

I know of another house that has them installed and they are working well but they have not done a BER.

Anyone used them and got their BER?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭mike_2009

I know they can't be used in the UK as it didn't meet building regs over there last time I looked. Interesting to hear there are similar difficulties in ROI too. Saw them in use (1 at each end of the house) in a Passive House in Wicklow and they'd had a fry that morning but no lingering smells so it does work but because there's no ducting etc BER might be harder to get? They were working towards European norm 13141-8 two years ago. Might be worth contacting to get their take and any data sheets confirming the standards that have passed.
    Sorry - probably not going to help you with BER but I looked at these in the past but didn't expect BER issues - I'd seen them installed already....obviously times have changed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭caesarthechimp

They can be used, but SEAI are saying that they won't count towards the BER as MHVR. I think it would still be included as a normal wall vent (or maybe as x 2 vents, SEAI neglected to clarify, or else whatever they said is just not included in the excerpt that was quoted)

At €1250 plus VAT its an expensive little gadget. I'd prefer to see the two vents further apart, otherwise it could end up circulating the same air round in circles. It look like ducts can be connected to it, so maybe one of them could be placed in a wet room. The motor may not be powerful enough to duct very far though. Interesting that it has a C02 sensor, not humidity sensor, so obviously its not really designed for a wet room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Spawky

Hi,

I'm trying to compare how this might work versus a MVHR in a new 200sqm passive house build.

I can't see alot of information about it especially around who is qualified to design placement of the units, how many forwarders are needed, do the bathrooms need external extract as well as forwarders to the hallway, who supplies the humidity and co2 sensors and how they contact the main unit. What rooms do and don't need these ie does every bedroom need them in order for the unit to know to start ventilating.

I'm finding it hard to get this information even from the manufacturer.

Has anyone seen one been installed in Ireland? Is it allowed with the BER now?

Does anyone know where all of my and our concerns about this could be answered with regards to who designs / installs it.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭mike_2009

I've been to a house in Wicklow built to passive house standards that used them. I've not seen them since. I like the technology but the sheer breath and depth of knowledge out there on standard MHRV vs these made me step back and reconsider. I'd prefer to have a system that is widely used and that many installers can help with than a system you're going to struggle getting basic questions answered on.

To most of your questions I'd have to answer I don't know but even if you get 1 person who does, who can say if they are giving correct advice (you can't ring up a few companies to gauge if they give similar responses to the same question) and, worst case, won't disappear after the install is complete leaving you high and dry?! That's not a risk curve I'd accept....(I like the idea of no ducting but.....!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,640 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Spawky wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to compare how this might work versus a MVHR in a new 200sqm passive house build.

I can't see alot of information about it especially around who is qualified to design placement of the units, how many forwarders are needed, do the bathrooms need external extract as well as forwarders to the hallway, who supplies the humidity and co2 sensors and how they contact the main unit. What rooms do and don't need these ie does every bedroom need them in order for the unit to know to start ventilating.

Does anyone know where all of my and our concerns about this could be answered with regards to who designs / installs it.

Regards
    If going passiv then go with conventional MHVR which is designed very early on

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ninganick

Spawky wrote: »
    Hi,

Regards

Hello,

I'm just wondering did you get anymore information on the freshR system regards BER.
    Looking into it myself at the moment, Viking House are installing.
    Would love to hear if you got any more feedback.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

ninganick wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm just wondering did you get anymore information on the freshR system regards BER.
    Looking into it myself at the moment, Viking House are installing.
    Would love to hear if you got any more feedback.
    Thanks

Discussions on specific company installed systems by PM thanks

Advertisement