Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo constituency GE2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Knock2

Dara should get a senior minestry presuming ff can form a government
    Will he sort out the neglect of north mayo?
    I think he’s the first minester from north mayo since paddy o toole ?

Knock2 wrote: »
    Dara should get a senior minestry presuming ff can form a government
    Will he sort out the neglect of north mayo?
    I think he’s the first minester from north mayo since paddy o toole ?

Will be an interesting shift of power from the West to the East of the county if FF get in as polling predicts. A switch from Ring and Kenny in Westport and Castlebar to Calleary and Chambers in Ballina and Killala. They might just divert the new road towards Ballina instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭spakman

Will be an interesting shift of power from the West to the East of the county if FF get in as polling predicts. A switch from Ring and Kenny in Westport and Castlebar to Calleary and Chambers in Ballina and Killala. They might just divert the new road towards Ballina instead.

Lisa Chambers is from outside Castlebar, nowhere near Killala. And neither Ballina nor Kilalla are in the east of the county. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

spakman wrote: »
    Lisa Chambers is from outside Castlebar, nowhere near Killala. And neither Ballina nor Kilalla are in the east of the county. :confused:

She moved to killala.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

spakman wrote: »

Ballina and killala were part of the old East Mayo constituency. Those borders are still relevant among some voters. For example my dad would never give his number 1 to a West mayo candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We really are a very weird place at times :pac:

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Ballina and killala were part of the old East Mayo constituency. Those borders are still relevant among some voters. For example my dad would never give his number 1 to a West mayo candidate.

Did not know that! I'd be too young to remember such things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gagagogo

Debate held on Midwest Radio earlier today with Michael Ring, Dara Calleary, Saoirse McHugh, Kamal Uddin and Daithí O'Fallamháin.
    Can listen back online. Broadcast around 1.15

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Thou

Gagagogo wrote: »
    Debate held on Midwest Radio earlier today with Michael Ring, Dara Calleary, Saoirse McHugh, Kamal Uddin and Daithí O'Fallamháin.
    Can listen back online. Broadcast around 1.15

Anymore of these debates happening I wonder? would be good to hear rest of candidates as well

Just listening back now to the one held today.
    Taking place every afternoon until end of next week so every contender should get a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Daithí O'Fallamháin.

Anyone know anything about this guy? I'm picturing an Aran sweater-clad Gaeilgeoir from Doohoma:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Berserker_5

Jaysus how many posters does varadkar have on the N5 must be one on every pole

I see lawless has some fine big signs and he snapped up some of mulherins vacated spots

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The best posters I seen were Maria Walsh posters between tubbercurry and ballinacarrow.

Has to be said varadkar does have that touch of "je ne sais quoi"

Dillon and lawless are very meh candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

irishgeo wrote: »
    The best posters I seen were Maria Walsh posters between tubbercurry and ballinacarrow.

Ya saw those yesterday, also Gerry Murray and Aontu posters, wtf was all that about? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Ya saw those yesterday, also Gerry Murray and Aontu posters, wtf was all that about? :confused:

I thought I was seeing things. Must have had them in the shed.

<moderator - stick to discussing the policies>

Anyone know anything about this guy? I'm picturing an Aran sweater-clad Gaeilgeoir from Doohoma:P

He's a member of Irexit party

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Does anyone have a link to the debate on MidWest ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

whitey1 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to the debate on MidWest ?

You'll have to do a bit of digging but someone said it was at around 1:15pm yesterday i think.

https://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/listen-back

• Advertisement

I see Alan Dillon has released a promo video of himself wandering around McHale Park togged out in Mayo gear. Not only incredibly cringe but also a breach of Official GAA Rules.

I see Alan Dillon has released a promo video of himself wandering around McHale Park togged out in Mayo gear. Not only incredibly cringe but also a breach of Official GAA Rules.

Interesting, what rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Interesting, what rule?

Good question. Haven’t seen the video but GAA don’t own McHale Park I think since it went into financial trouble and they sell the jersey in Elvery’s. Hard to see what rules he’s breaking.

Dudda wrote: »
    Good question. Haven’t seen the video but GAA don’t own McHale Park I think since it went into financial trouble and they sell the jersey in Elvery’s. Hard to see what rules he’s breaking.

I'm pretty sure they do own it. Otherwise I'm at a loss as to why they're paying off about 33k a month for that big stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

There is a rule about being non party political.
    The Association shall be non-party political. Party political questions shall not be discussed at its meetings, and no Committee, Club, Council or representative thereof shall take part, as such, in any party political movement. A penalty of up to twenty four weeks suspension may be imposed for infringement.

But then again he is as far as I know not a committee member.

But he might get into trouble by using McHale park for his promo.

There was trouble years ago when FG got Donnellan elected in Galway playing on his 3 All Ireland medals.

Did Mickie Harte get his knuckles wrapped for his appeal the 8th campaign which was purporting to be a GAA position?

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    There is a rule about being non party political.

But then again he is as far as I know not a committee member.

But he might get into trouble by using McHale park for his promo.

There was trouble years ago when FG got Donnellan elected in Galway playing on his 3 All Ireland medals.

Did Mickie Harte get his knuckles wrapped for his appeal the 8th campaign which was purporting to be a GAA position?

Really? Cant see how, what happened?

Interesting, what rule?

1.11 Non-Party Political
    The Association shall be non-party political. Party political
    questions shall not be discussed at its meetings, and no
    Committee, Club, Council or representative thereof
    shall take part, as such, in any party political movement.
    A penalty of up to twenty four weeks suspension may be
    imposed for infringement.

5.1 Uses of Property
    (a) All property including Grounds, Club Houses, Halls,
    Dressing Rooms and Handball Alleys owned or
    controlled by units of the Association (“Association
    Property”) shall be used only for the purpose of
    or in connection with the playing of the Games
    controlled by the Association, and for such other
    purposes, which accord with the Aims of the
    Association, that may be sanctioned from time to
    time by Central Council.
    (b) Central Council has the power, in exceptional
    circumstances, to authorise the use of Association
    Property held by a County Committee, Provincial
    Council or Central Council for activities other than
    those controlled by the Association in accordance
    with policy adopted by Central Council.
    (c) Central Council has the power to authorise the use
    of Association Property which is located outside of
    Ireland for games other than those controlled by the
    Association.
    Penalty:
    In the event of any Club, County Committee, or Provincial
    Council acting contrary to this Rule, that body shall be
    subject to suspension or fine, as deemed appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

As far I know Mayo GAA don't own the land where MacHale Park is but I guess they have a lease on it so you can't turn up there without their permission. It would be trespassing otherwise.

I think Castlebar Mitchels may own the land.

recyclebin wrote: »
    As far I know Mayo GAA don't own the land where MacHale Park is but I guess they have a lease on it so you can't turn up there without their permission. It would be trespassing otherwise.

I think Castlebar Mitchels may own the land.

Im neraly certain the Co Board have a lease on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭PressRun

Alan Dillon is cringe candidate anyway. Just talks in robotic soundbites, has absolutely no opinions on anything.

Advertisement