Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo constituency GE2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Water John wrote: »
    If FF form a Govn't with other parties, the Tanaiste will not be FF.

Needless to say but the green numbers suggest another minority government.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

So the predicted outcome I'm taking from the exit polls, and from the pundits, is Ring, Calleary and RWC take the first three seats, not necessarily in that order, with a toss up between Chambers, Dillon and mulheairn for the last seat. It will be an interesting count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

So the predicted outcome I'm taking from the exit polls, and from the pundits, is Ring, Calleary and RWC take the first three seats, not necessarily in that order, with a toss up between Chambers, Dillon and mulheairn for the last seat. It will be an interesting count.

That's the way I would imagine it. It'll be tight for the 4th seat but I expect Chambers to get it. FG costing themselves a seat by running 3 candidates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CBfXja-jXqwaUfrbPLq4Y2RJiVJlid9I8JrNz45Fjek/edit?usp=drivesdk

This is the tally spreadsheet which will be updated as votes are counted and will the best early indicator. I think they're starting with the Castlebar boxes which could give the likes of Dillon an early overall number of votes so keep in consideration for the first hour or two what boxes are open and where.

9:00am. Here we go

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Shorty69664

Dudda wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CBfXja-jXqwaUfrbPLq4Y2RJiVJlid9I8JrNz45Fjek/edit?usp=drivesdk

This is the tally spreadsheet which will be updated as votes are counted and will the best early indicator. I think they're starting with the Castlebar boxes which could give the likes of Dillon an early overall number of votes so keep in consideration for the first hour or two what boxes are open and where.

9:00am. Here we go

Cheers for that link Dudda, an excellent resource to track the count...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If SF get 22 percent in mayo,
    Conway Walsh should be the poll topper.
    Hard to see that being the case.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't expect mayo to follow the national trend that much tbh. I think if she gets in it will be the 4th seat.

Having said that she got my number 2 and I've never given SF a transfer before so maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

mickdw wrote: »
    If SF get 22 percent in mayo,
    Conway Walsh should be the poll topper.

Presumably if that happens her transfers would favour FF over FG, guaranteeing both FF seats?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't expect mayo to follow the national trend that much tbh. I think if she gets in it will be the 4th seat.

Having said that she got my number 2 and I've never given SF a transfer before so maybe I'm wrong.

Check the tally link. She's flying in early Castlebar and Ballina boxes and they haven't opened any Belmullet boxes yet. She's get the third seat at this rate

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Check the tally link. She's flying in early Castlebar and Ballina boxes and they haven't opened any Belmullet boxes yet. She's get the third seat at this rate

Had look after I posted, yeah I'll be eating those words it seems :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Is Lisa Chambers up or down in Castlebar compared to the last time out? Surprised to see RCW beating Chambers handily on her home turf

Looks like a decent enough haul for Dillon

Only real question is whether RCW will pip Ring to top the poll.

Going to be some battle for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

whitey1 wrote: »
    Is Lisa Chambers up or down in Castlebar compared to the last time out? Surprised to see RCW beating Chambers handily on her home turf

Dillion beating her in her local village is very surprising

naughto wrote: »
    Dillion beating her in her local village is very surprising

Ballyheane? He's from there as well, not surprising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

PARlance wrote: »
    Ballyheane? He's from there as well, not surprising.

I no that put usually for a sitting td she would get more of the vote than a newcomer

It's starting to show now that FG should have ran the two candidates. Nothing between Dillon and Mulherin and one would have a better chance against Chambers. Starting on Westport now where Chambers should do better than Dillon and Mulherin as Ring mopps up the FG votes. Can't see him catching RCW. She's done so well everywhere.

If Dillon is eliminated (as he's just behind Mulherin currently) will the transfers elect Chambers the neighbour or Mulherin the other FG candidate?

It's starting to show now that FG should have ran the two candidates. Nothing between Dillon and Mulherin and one would have a better chance against Chambers. Starting on Westport now where Chambers should do better than Dillon and Mulherin as Ring mopps up the FG votes. Can't see him catching RCW. She's done so well everywhere.

If Dillon is eliminated (as he's just behind Mulherin currently) will the transfers elect Chambers the neighbour or Mulherin the other FG candidate?

That should have been obvious to FG before the election really. Dillon will edge ahead of Mulherin imo. It's too close to call for the 4th.

Think Ring will just catch RCW to top it, by 500 or so votes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

PARlance wrote: »
    That should have been obvious to FG before the election really. Dillon will edge ahead of Mulherin imo. It's too close to call for the 4th.

Think Ring will just catch RCW to top it, by 500 or so votes.
    I think dillion will do better than mulherin on ring transfers.

irishgeo wrote: »

Ring got a huge vote out of Castlebar so I would hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I can see people throwing a second, third preference to Dillon just because he played for Mayo

• Advertisement

Too close to call for the top of the Poll. Ring by 50 or so votes... maybe

I would say the same but he has a lot of ground to make up on Chambers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

whitey1 wrote: »

She's down about 1200 votes in Castlebar

FG Tally has Ring (14,488) 101 votes ahead of RCW (14,387) to top the poll. 100% of boxes counted.

Both exceed quota.

How do they decide which votes to distribute after a candidate reaches the quota. Is it a random sampling?

And the tally is over.

That was a close finish. It was the third last box when Ring overtook RCW to top the poll. Never thought a spreadsheet could be so engaging for 3 hours.

Dillion chambers for the last seat. Could mulherin elimination get dillion over the line.

Whats the quota set at ?

Whats the quota set at ?

According to the sheet somewhere around 12700.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Massive achievement from Rose after losing out last time

Advertisement