Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo constituency GE2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,293 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Whats the quota set at ?

65% turnout so 12,760.

Ring surplus - Dillon, and Rose Conway surplus - ??

Dudda wrote: »
    And the tally is over.

That was a close finish. It was the third last box when Ring overtook RCW to top the poll. Never thought a spreadsheet could be so engaging for 3 hours.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CBfXja-jXqwaUfrbPLq4Y2RJiVJlid9I8JrNz45Fjek/edit?usp=drivesdk

Great entertainment, some finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Word from the count is that McHugh is getting massive transfers and might be in with a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The other left candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'd say McHugh will pick up a lot of Rose's surplus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Word from the count is that McHugh is getting massive transfers and might be in with a shout

Surely to far behind. She would need a massive amount from Paul Lawless to jump Mulherin or Dillon. Can't see it happening but then a week ago I'd have never said RCW would be so close to topping the poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

No one has reached the quota, so id say the bottom 7 could be eliminated together unless there are deposit issues to looked into.

Shelflife wrote: »
    No one has reached the quota, so id say the bottom 7 could be eliminated together unless there are deposit issues to looked into.

Conway and Ring are about 2,000 votes each over it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

irishgeo wrote: »
    The other left candidates.

But after that more to FF than FG surely. Enough to elect Chambers I would guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Official result to be announced around 18:30

But after that more to FF than FG surely. Enough to elect Chambers I would guess...

One of the FG's will be eliminated, electing the other. Can't see Chambers getting in.

Conway and Ring are about 2,000 votes each over it

According to the final tally both have approx 14500 and the quota is 14700 approx.

According to the final tally both have approx 14500 and the quota is 14700 approx.

the quota is around 12700. 65% turnout.

Quota is about 12,700

Quota is about 12,700

How are you getting that figure ?

Im going on the tally count that was on this thread.

Ahh spotted it now, theres another quota figure on the bottom left that I was looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Knock2

There could be 3 north mayo tds returned
    Rcw,dc,mm,but probally just 2.
    Not a sf fan at all so saying this with a very heavy heart,it’s a very sad day for politics and I suppose the job now is for middle ireland to stand up and recover the ground lost to the left

How are you getting that figure ?

Im going on the tally count that was on this thread.

its on the tally sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Stewball

Knock2 wrote: »
    it’s a very sad day for politics

I'm in the opposite camp.

A tough day at the office for FFG - is always a good day for politics in Ireland in my book.

rte said in their review of the tallies that chambers is in trouble.

• Advertisement

There could be 3 north mayo tds returned
    Rcw,dc,mm,but probally just 2.
    Not a sf fan at all so saying this with a very heavy heart,it’s a very sad day for politics and I suppose the job now is for middle ireland to stand up and recover the ground lost to the left

Not a SF fan but I don't consider it a sad day at all. I don't like the old guard of SF getting in, but there are plenty of new candidates, many of them capable, that will add to Irish politics. We need a 3rd party and I would much prefer if that was Labour, but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Knock2

It’s a sad day because there economic policy’s r for the birds
    Tax sumbody else tax big business build more houses that you will get for free reduce college fees HOW will they fund this??
    I suppose it’s a reflection of the social welfare state we have become and just gos to increase the since of entitlement that a certain section of society feels!
    Where to now for middle ireland !
    Mayb we are the folks for working or caring!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭spakman

It’s a sad day because there economic policy’s r for the birds
    Tax sumbody else tax big business build more houses that you will get for free reduce college fees HOW will they fund this??
    I suppose it’s a reflection of the social welfare state we have become and just gos to increase the since of entitlement that a certain section of society feels!
    Where to now for middle ireland !
    Mayb we are the folks for working or caring!!!

They're not going to be largest party so they won't get to implement those policies.
    It could happen after next election though if people swallow the same ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Decent showing for the Aontu guy; if they get that level in other constituencies they might make the 2% state funding threshold

No doubt they've gotten away with some pie in the sky stuff (to put it lightly) but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the FF or FG don't do the same in elections, when they can. Maybe not as bad, but certainly on the scale.The squeezed middle still paying USC a good example.

Part of me wants SF to form part of a government, because it will be a dose of reality, otherwise they get a free ride in opposition, spilling the same crap out again and building on their vote.

I don't think they will form part of the government though. They didn't want to imo. Not running enough candidates the obvious sign of that. Fairly sure their plan is to sit it out and build on this.

PARlance wrote: »
    No doubt they've gotten away with some pie in the sky stuff (to put it lightly) but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the FF or FG don't do the same in elections, when they can. Maybe not as bad, but certainly on the scale.The squeezed middle still paying USC a good example.

Part of me wants SF to form part of a government, because it will be a dose of reality, otherwise they get a free ride in opposition, spilling the same crap out again and building on their vote.

I don't think they will form part of the government though. They didn't want to imo. Not running enough candidates the obvious sign of that. Fairly sure their plan is to sit it out and build on this.

They absolutely do want to be in govt, the decison to run less candidates was based on their poor showing in the polls and the hammering they got in the local elections. Easy with hindsight to say they erred but at the time it made sense

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Stewball

Decent showing for the Aontu guy; if they get that level in other constituencies they might make the 2% state funding threshold

It was bad enough funding Renua for the last few years.

They absolutely do want to be in govt, the decison to run less candidates was based on their poor showing in the polls and the hammering they got in the local elections. Easy with hindsight to say they erred but at the time it made sense

I really don't think they do, not this time around. History is not favourable for the minority party, if they stay out of government then they can criticise and play the opposition card and should/could grow even more before the next one. They've everything to gain from not being in government imo.

PARlance wrote: »
    I really don't think they do, not this time around. History is not favourable for the minority party, if they stay out of government then they can criticise and play the opposition card and should/could grow even more before the next one. They've everything to gain from not being in government imo.

They wont be a minority party though in the sense that Lab, Greens etc usually were. Anyway i agree with your last point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Is there a possibility of ending up with no Castlebar TD here? If Mulherin can get in front of Dillon, Dillon's transfers might take her home over Chambers. When, if ever, did Castlebar not have at least one TD, it has generally had two over the years?

Advertisement