Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Fees - Self Build

Options
  • 20-02-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi there, I am at the planning stage of a self build and am trying to think ahead to budgets etc, can anyone tell me the different expenses that I am likely to incur that don't form part of the actual construction and how much these are likely to
    Cost? I.e. Solicitor's fees, council contributions etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Percolation Test 800
    Architect 2000
    Planning fee 65
    Solictor and stamp duty 3000
    Engineer 1800
    Coco fees 13500
    BER 500

That's just off the top of my head so I'm sure I've forgotten something. I built in Meath, so the coco fees are on the higher end of the scale. I built in 2014/2015 so I'd imagine professional fees have increased considerable since then.

Best of luck with the build

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Penelope Petra

Thank you! Does anyone know what the council fees are in Cork, I know it depends on the size but I think it may be 4-5k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Thank you! Does anyone know what the council fees are in Cork, I know it depends on the size but I think it may be 4-5k?

Go onto the Cork Planning website and look at some of the recent planning applications and what they're charged. You'll want to look at some recent APPROVED applications and view the documents and then look at the grant approval document and conditions attached.
    (don't want to pick some guy's house at random so not linking to any example)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Penelope Petra

Dudda wrote: »
    Go onto the Cork Planning website and look at some of the recent planning applications and what they're charged. You'll want to look at some recent APPROVED applications and view the documents and then look at the grant approval document and conditions attached.
    (don't want to pick some guy's house at random so not linking to any example)
    Thanks Dudda, Yep it seems to be 4-5k I'm stunned at the differences from council to council though!

Advertisement