Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oh so slow why

Options
  • 20-02-2017 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭

pc is a lenovo think center, 4g ram 1tb hd, win10 it starts quick enough to the windows password, it suddenly it is taking almost 5 minutes to open after i enter it, i am running little or nothing on my start up folder, windows defender and firewall plus vudoo shield as antivirus, i run privazer before shutdown, i can get into the bios etc quickly, all suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

flutered wrote: »
    pc is a lenovo think center, 4g ram 1tb hd, win10 it starts quick enough to the windows password, it suddenly it is taking almost 5 minutes to open after i enter it, i am running little or nothing on my start up folder, windows defender and firewall plus vudoo shield as antivirus, i run privazer before shutdown, i can get into the bios etc quickly, all suggestions appreciated

Do you have real time anti-virus scanning going on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Saganist wrote: »
    Do you have real time anti-virus scanning going on ?
    ln the past week i have scanned with total av. scangard, panda and malware bytes, rouge cleaner and another i cannot think of frm allyce i think, rouge cleaneer is running at the mo i am downloading avast and will run it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

when you enter the password, do you just get a black screen for a couple of minutes before the desktop loads? Once it does eventually load does it preform like normal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I had a windows 10 issue. it would stop and freeze for ages and just be slow.
    I tracked my issue down to superfetch. stopped and disabled that service and machine is much better.

I have a spinny HDD and I believe the superfetch service does not work optimezd for it.

Something for you to test, if you find no improvement, turn it back on.

Advertisement