Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On demand stuff

• 20-02-2017 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Am thinking of getting a item like Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Chome, other name.

Which one of them can setting up RTE Player and Amazon Prime Video.

Any other comment welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The Nvidia Shield TV will do both... Plus it comes bundled with Amazon Prime and it can stream HDR 4K... I'm willing to be corrected, but I think it's the only device to do so. The box is at the higher end of the price range though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 EireGrif

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The Nvidia Shield TV will do both... Plus it comes bundled with Amazon Prime and it can stream HDR 4K... I'm willing to be corrected, but I think it's the only device to do so. The box is at the higher end of the price range though.

Does it actually exist in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Yes, I ordered one from Amazon. Great device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Love mine would buy it again tomorrow.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I don't think RTE Player is on it. In fact I don't think the RTE player is on any of these devices. Pretty rubbish service from RTE. I'll double check later.

But yes, otherwise the Nvidia Shield TV is an awesome device.

• Advertisement

You can sideload nearly any android app and if it doesn't show up on the start screen you can access it through an app called Sideload Launcher

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You can sideload nearly any android app and if it doesn't show up on the start screen you can access it through an app called Sideload Launcher

Great, thanks for the info.

Though I'd imagine an issue would be if the app is designed for touch (smartphones and tablets), it might not work well on the Shield which uses a remote.

How does the RTE app work on it?

Any chance we could get a list of the apps you sideloaded on, would be good to see what the options are. Thanks.

I don't use the RTE app as it's blocked where I live. I only use it for a popular streaming application with access to lots of TV stations (it's not Kodi)... It works fine.

Advertisement