Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find someone

Options
  • 20-02-2017 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭

I recently brought a book in a charity shop and in the middle was an envelope. It's addressed to a John Carter of Sarsfield Road, Inchicore.

The envelope contains a 'thanks for the baby gift' card along with a picture of a baby.

The card was posted when stamps were 48c so about 7-8 years ago. I could post it to the address on the envelope but they could have moved by now.

Does anyone know this person.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd say John Carter received this from the baby's parent(s).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

Op would you not ask Ken ?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Barbie! wrote: »
    I recently brought a book in a charity shop and in the middle was an envelope. It's addressed to a John Carter of Sarsfield Road, Inchicore.

The envelope contains a 'thanks for the baby gift' card along with a picture of a baby.

The card was posted when stamps were 48c so about 7-8 years ago. I could post it to the address on the envelope but they could have moved by now.

Does anyone know this person.

Try and find them on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Why don't you ask your local postman, or go into your local post office or sorting office? If it was originally posted, they would probably be the best bet on how to get a piece of post back to someone. They have a data base of all the postal addresses in Ireland. I know this, coz it's how the TV license inspectors decide who to pay a visit too. Don't ask me how I know that. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

If you have the house number as well check the online electoral roll (checktheregister.ie)

Advertisement