Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best watch for mountain running

Options
  • 20-02-2017 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I will be doing a lot of mountain running and hiking this year, so was wondering what would be best watch for me to wear, will use it to tell me distance covered and height gain do not particularly need in for navigation. I saw the garmin forerunner 25 online is this any good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

If you're going to be spending time in the mountains, then something with a compass, altimeter, and barometer (like a Fenix 3) may prove useful (though it is no substitute for an actual compass, map, and other necessary mountain equipment). The Forerunner 25 will tell you how far you've gone, how long it took you to get there, and what your average pace is. It is an entry level running watch and doesn't provide any mountain-specific functionality, but is fine, if you don't need any more info than the above.

Here is a lengthy review of the Forerunner 25: DC Rainmaker review.

Advertisement