Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker for a Big Baby

Options
  • 20-02-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi can anyone recommend a walker suitable for big baby. My son is 10 months and is about 2 foot 8. He's also fairly heavy. Any advice would be fantastic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

JK82 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone recommend a walker suitable for big baby. My son is 10 months and is about 2 foot 8. He's also fairly heavy. Any advice would be fantastic.

My advice would be to not bother with the walker. They're not particularly good for a child's physical development, and can delay walking in some babies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

What jlm said... not good for development, and give too much freedom to a baby who is ready for it. Injuries from them can be nasty. Walkers down steps, or pulling tea or saucepans down on top of themselves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

He really doesn't need a walker. They do little or nothing for a child's development, and sometimes can even hinder it. Crawling should come first, and they can't learn to do that in a walker. (I know not all babies crawl but they should be given the chance to try).
    My 10 month old is crawling like a lunatic for the last 2 months (she has an older sibling though, who didn't start crawling until about 10.5 months) and is pulling herself up on furniture etc and standing quite firmly. No walker needed. Just lots and lots of time on the floor, with plenty of space and freedom. That's all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do you mean one that he pushes around or sits in ?

Advertisement