Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permit Parking

Options
  • 20-02-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi Everyone

Anyone in Dublin 2 or 8 wanna sell a parking permit,

really need a parking spot in the city as starting new job there and cant commute in as live in Kildare and i start work when transport isn't running.

Or ill give you money monthly for a unused parking spot.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Parking permits are for residents of DCC and residents of that area ONLY. Not for people who don't want to pay the market rate for a monthly car space rental.

You have been plenty of advance on where to find a car space. You just don't want to buy the market rate for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 onmarko

newacc2015 wrote: »
    Parking permits are for residents of DCC and residents of that area ONLY. Not for people who don't want to pay the market rate for a monthly car space rental.

You have been plenty of advance on where to find a car space. You just don't want to buy the market rate for one.

nobody wants to pay the stupid rate for parking ha ha.. plus moving into dublin is the solution so can get transport, But thats a big NO with the price of rent is robbery,, so there forcing people out to the country, So i was putting add up so the young people who rent that DONT drive wanna sell a parking permit to help with the stupid rent they all have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

You have to provide insurance details for the car that match the address in question to get a resident's parking permit, i.e. actually be a resident!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

onmarko wrote: »
    nobody wants to pay the stupid rate for parking ha ha.. plus moving into dublin is the solution so can get transport, But thats a big NO with the price of rent is robbery,, so there forcing people out to the country, So i was putting add up so the young people who rent that DONT drive wanna sell a parking permit to help with the stupid rent they all have to pay.

Not possible. The people that get the permits have to supply log book, insurance Cert and utility bill all in their name to DCC in order to get a permit. So if they don't drive, they can't get a permit in the first place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What time do you need to be in the city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Stheno wrote: »
    What time do you need to be in the city centre?

Check out one of their other threads in or around this theme ;)

OP what was wrong with the suggestions you got in those threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

OP, I admire your dedication to the cause of finding free parking somewhere in Dublin city!

However, I fear that you're doomed to failure on that front.

Have you considered finding parking somewhere along the green Luas line, and tramming it in to the city centre? According to the website the Luas starts at 5.30am, so would get you in to Stephen's Green in plenty of time for 6.30am (I think that's your work location and start time?)

If I remember rightly you'd be coming in from Clane, which at least is the right side of the toll on the M50 for that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

athtrasna wrote: »
    Check out one of their other threads in or around this theme ;)

OP what was wrong with the suggestions you got in those threads?

Ah I just did, if it wasn't previously suggested, park and ride at red cow luas, luas to Heuston and Dublin bike to Hatch street.

I work up the road from Hatch Street, no free parking anywhere in the area, and no residents permits that I'm aware of either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Selling/transferring/whatever of parking permits in this manner is not permitted nor are threads on it. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement