Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Doris - Wednesday PM/Thursday AM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭tiegan

Lashing rain here in Fethard, Co Tipp - very stormy too !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looks like the squall is doing damage as it goes. Power Outages now in Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

MJohnston wrote: »
    Any webcams or anything that might have anything interesting to see?

http://www.onitsurf.com/surf-cameras/

http://www.strandhillsurfschool.com/surf_forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Something big is definitely afoot here in East Limerick. Deafening gusts then eerie silence. I'm fighting the urge to go outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

We stand in awe of the Arpege (until the next storm). Some of the other guidance basically sucked, too far north and too slow developing the centre.

Pauldry, you may go calm for a few minutes by the looks of the radar. The centre appears to be slightly inland in Mayo now approaching Sligo. Predicting it will exit from land around Dundalk by 0700h.

Glad you guys running the thread went to level 2, could do a bit of level 3 work and definitely has that potential down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Ehh my window is facing Northwest,and I'm seriously freaking out

Level 3 conditions here,terrified

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Be safe, says a lot when you have been through so many previous storms, central Mayo is taking a battering to, but not as bad as what you are facing in Louisburgh.

To complete the report on M6, I noted peak gusts there of 58 knots NW at 0100, now back down below 50 knots. They responded a bit late to the development further east during a period of rapid pressure rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shannon Airport gusting up to 50kts at 2:30am, higher than forecast by the TAF.

Not as near as high here in West Clare, max gusting of 41kts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

During storm Darwin, Met Eireann went level 3 too late as trees were falling down everywhere and structures being damaged.
    I know it is very hard to predict, and if they cry wolf and get it wrong, it makes people more complacent, so they have to be cautious.
    That said when we went level 3 in 2014, it was a bit too late.

Could say that delays at Dublin seem likely from 0330h to 0900h, probably not much traffic there 0330-0600 so for practical purposes, 0600-0900h possible delays and diversions. Shannon will calm down a bit before Dublin. If there are disruptions in the morning, should be more or less back to normal by 1100-1200h.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Nearly there now 974.4

Im brushing my teeth hvn one more look n going to bed.

Ill put photo on later of lowest pressure i got

Shag its gone up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

RobertKK wrote: »
    During storm Darwin, Met Eireann went level 3 too late as trees were falling down everywhere and structures being damaged.
    I know it is very hard to predict, and if they cry wolf and get it wrong, it makes people more complacent, so they have to be cautious.
    That said when we went level 3 in 2014, it was a bit too late.

Sure you've seen yourself how annoying people get even on here when they think any weather event has been 'overhyped' - and we're supposed to be the patient and well-informed ones! Can'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Doris Day has said not to take your caravan on the M1, and onto the ferry, over to Holyhead around 6am:

dorisdaystormz.png

1000 homes around Tullamore affected by a fault now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Could go lower yet its 973.7

Bedtime

For a photo of when it was nearly low go to www.weathergossip.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The little house is literally shaking. Woke me around 2. ish. Candle lit by the bed .. never had this quite like this before but then it is my location. Mountains on three sides. Will decamp downstairs if this carries on; sleep under the rroof. Every great gust shakes the place. Shuddering ....The cottage I mean!

West Co Galway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Squall hitting here 7 miles north east of Kilkenny city.

Gust of 79km/hr, gone very gusty.

Hang on in there; light a candle so if the power goes you have light. Terrifying here too; like a ship .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Storm raging in Galway rubbish flying everywhere from blown over wheelie bins... tis great craic:)

tumblr_nystz8Tuqn1ur1nt1o1_500.gif

Jesus and Mary and Holy Saint Joseph!

At least I got some sleep before this hit.

No idea re speeds etc. Noticed that the power poles up here are kind of short and squat and now i know why....

Cottage is stone but the roof.... Cats are all hiding...

My ears are popping!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

9731 without power at the moment according to ESB Powercheck, and the storm hasn't peaked on the East Coast yet!

3:08 update : up to 10259, more properties added to the outage in Westport and new fault in Finea Co.Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The rain has finally arrived here in Dublin 7

And my power just went, major fault outside of Castlebar, Islandeady and Newport, nearly 4000 homes affected, gusting over 100 km/hr now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LostHiigaran

JCX BXC wrote: »
    9731 without power at the moment according to ESB Powercheck, and the storm hasn't peaked on the East Coast yet!

Its still on the way?! I have to cycle in this in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ferocious squall here in Naas now power flickering

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Sounds like it's (relatively) easing off in Westport Harbour area.

More gusty now, was constant for last 1hr.

Advertisement