Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xaoimi Redmi 3x

Options
  • 20-02-2017 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Bought one of the above from China last week and having major problems getting the mobile data to work. Anyone got any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Chinese phones come in different versions ie Global , International , Asian. When buying a Chinese phone one must check that it's compatible with the frequencies that the network your using operates on as they are different across countries/continents.

Can you link me the exact model you bought from the website you bought it from and I'll check it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marty66

I bought it from the Xaoimi website and did a check to see if it's compatible with 3 Ireland and it said it was.

http://xiaomi-mi.com/

Xiaomi Redmi 3X 2GB/32GB Dual SIM Silver

marty66 wrote: »
    I bought it from the Xaoimi website and did a check to see if it's compatible with 3 Ireland and it said it was.

http://xiaomi-mi.com/

Xiaomi Redmi 3X 2GB/32GB Dual SIM Silver

What network are you on ?

I assume you checked the obvious things like Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names and that the APN details are correct

Settings>Mobile Networks>Data Roaming set to All Networks, should work with too with National Roaming Only.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Did you see my comment in the other thread?

I'm with 3

• Advertisement

Cheers for your help. Settings are ok. Even got them to double check in 3. I can get mobile data now but drops for no reason. I'm in Galway city so coverage not an issue ESP at home

Advertisement