Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London or Toronto

Options
  • 19-02-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

Just wanted some advice! I'm a secondary teacher in Dublin, and I'm looking at taking a career break to move abroad. Options include London, Toronto and New Zealand. The one I'm most thinking about is London. I know teaching there isn't meant to be great but I figured I'd even try something new for the year. I'm also gay, and think that the lifestyle in London would be cool to experience and 3 of my mates live there. I'm also very familiar with that city.

Only thing I'm struggling with is, I'm in my comfort zone at the minute. My job is grand, I like where I live in Dublin, but I've had this itch to move abroad or somewhere new for a good while now. I know I should probably just do it, but I'm worried it'll be the wrong decision or that moving to London will end up being the wrong location.

Any advice is much appreciated thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 redguywhy

Hey,

So I want to move abroad later this year but can't decide where. London and Toronto are my top two options. I know more mates in London so leaning towards there quicker. Any thoughts on both places or somewhere completely different?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭con___manx1

redguywhy wrote: »
    Hey,

So I want to move abroad later this year but can't decide where. London and Toronto are my top two options. I know more mates in London so leaning towards there quicker. Any thoughts on both places or somewhere completely different?

Thanks

I lived in Toronto It's freezing in winter and not a great city. It's just a big concrete jungle . If you want to move to Canada go to vancouver. It doesn't really snow there in winter. I lived there also . It does rain alot in winter like here. I would move to Melbourne if I was you. The best City I have ever lived or been to and I have been to alot of cities in Europe Us canada and oz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Mod note: Moving from USA forum to Living Abroad forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Why not try continental Europe and learn a new language as well?

Advertisement