Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned

Options
  • 21-02-2017 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me exactly why I was banned from the radio forum. Was it because I suggested somebody used google?
    If it was, that's hilarious .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moving thread from Feedback to Dispute Resolution, as that is a more appropriate place.

We have an established process for appealing bans. The first step is to contact the mod who banned you and attempt to resolve it between yourselves. Have you tried that yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I dont even know what I'm appealing. I didn't do anything to get a ban.
    Apparently, there has been an accumulation of attacks by me. I thought it it was a discussion. Silly me.

Can you please contact the mod (Nody) and see if you can resolve this between yourselves?

If that is not possible, come back here and we will get a CMod to look into it.

Dudara, thanks for your reply.. I'm not going to bother contacting the mod. I wasn't even given a warning.
    This is the state of this message board.
    If you dont want people to give give options, then just ban everybody.
    Stupidity is just stupidity.

Look at my post and ask yourself if it deserves a ban .

If you are not going to contact the mod, there is not much I can do, other than mark this as "Resolved". The mod is the closest person (besides you) to this, and they can explain their rationale for the ban.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote:
    If you are not going to contact the mod, there is not much I can do, other than mark this as "Resolved". The mod is the closest person (besides you) to this, and they can explain their rationale for the ban.

Its not resolved. He/she hasnt't given any rational for the ban.

I' m not going to give this person credence by asking them why they banned me. They didn't give me the courtesy to be warn me.

There is a clear process for disputing bans etc. It is presented above in a flowchart diagram. In case you can't see the diagram, here is the accompanying text
    If you have an issue with a ban or infraction, the first thing you should always do is PM the Mod(s) of the forum and ask for clarification on what’s gone wrong.
    Please don’t expect an answer straight away, Mods are volunteers and are not always in a position to deal with your issue. Give it at least a day.
    If you don’t feel satisfied with the answer, or if you haven’t had an answer in more than 2 days, you should start a new thread here in the Dispute Resolution Forum.
    When you start this thread, please state what forum you have an issue with, provide links to the thread if applicable (you can get the link by logging out if you’ve been banned from the forum).
    A CMod will then investigate and discuss with you and the Mod(s) involved. They may invite the Mod(s) or any other members involved to post on the thread to clarify things.
    After these discussions, the CMod will post their decision.
    If you feel that the outcome to this is unsatisfactory, you may request an Admin to look things over.
    An Admin’s decision is final.

I am not happy that you are refusing to engage with the mod. Often a resolution can be agreed between the mod and the poster, without having to drag in CMods and Admins. Nonetheless, I will notify a CMod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'll look into this for you, Fuzzy Clam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Fuzzy Clam, I’ve reviewed this. The 1 week ban, as made clear in the original ban message and explained to you by Nody via PM, was “not for this post alone but for the accumulation of attacks etc”. The accumulation refers to several of your posts in which you wondered what was wrong with the other user, accused them of being ignorant, repeatedly suggested they were too young to remember despite them indicating otherwise, and described their replies as stupid.

Here are links to the posts with excerpts of the relevant bits:
    Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    For Gods sake. What is wrong with you?
    The results of these surveys were published in the press at the time by the stations.
    I guess you' re too young to remember them.
    Your a fairly ignorant person . I won't be bothering you again.
    Doesn't make any of your stupid replys any better, does it?
    Maybe Google will help you.
    I have the experience of being there.

While this exchange started out as a heated but civil disagreement, thanks to your posts above it quickly became a bickering match, which resulted in the other user being actioned as well.

Your posts were uncivil and deserving of a temporary ban in my view. And I see no reason why you deserved a warning first. You’ve been posting in Radio for years and should have a good idea about the rules and what isn’t acceptable by now. As recently as September you were warned in Radio about exactly these kinds of attacks on other users.

Ban upheld.

Fine.

I presume you looked at the posts I were replying to.......?

If that's your decision, I respect that and I will never post in that forum again.

As you have stated, I been a poster for many years. Not any more.

• Advertisement

Fine.

I presume you looked at the posts I were replying to.......?

If that's your decision, I respect that and I will never post in that forum again.

As you have stated, I been a poster for many years. Not any more.

Yes, I read the whole exchange. And as I said, the other user was actioned as well, but we're dealing specifically with your posts here.

The problem is not that you disagreed with them, it was the uncivil way you expressed it. Instead of continuing a civil debate or agreeing to disagree, you resorted to calling the other user stupid, ignorant, etc. In isolation some of these snipes might have been let away with a warning on the basis that it was a heated discussion and you were annoyed, but you posted many of them one after the other. If you felt the other user was provoking you you should have stopped replying to them and reported their posts.

My advice is to come back to the forum in a week and try not to let your annoyance get the best of you in future. And if you don’t understand a mod action, politely pm them asking for an explanation and see if you can both come to a resolution. Lots of bans get reduced or lifted this way. Attacking the mod as well and/or refusing to engage with them won’t achieve anything. However, if you decide not to post in the forum again that’s your choice.

If you wish I can ask an Admin to review my decision.

Thanks Sad Professor.
    I won't be coming back to the forum.
    I'm deleting my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Closing as the OP has chosen to exit the dispute process.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement