Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payment protection

• 21-02-2017 12:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I have a bank of Ireland life policy that costs €47 a month. It is for 113,000 and has critical illness cover of 50,000. I requested an up to date policy from the bank. The policy makes reference to Balance managed fund of 484.913 units - a bid price of €2.65 and a value of €1,285.01. I have 75,000 outstanding on the mortgage. I want to switch the policy to a lower repayment. How do I go about this? What will happen to the the Balance managed fund of €1,285.01 if I do switch.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Consult a broker. I reckon you'd do a lot better than looking at BOI products only.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I have looked around for a broker and am unable to find a local one. A lot seem to have gone out of business with the crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

You need an insurance broker not a mortgage broker, there are loads of the insurance ones around.

Does anyone know what thev€1,285 means

OK so I spoke to a broker. I thought it was mortgage protection insurance. It's actually a BOI "life care plan" i.e. life insurance with critical illness benefit, that covers the mortgage as well. The Broker seemed to think it was good value. He priced the policy against
    Other similar policy's. I can cash in the €1,285.01 when I want to.

I could get Mortgage protection insurance for about €10 a month on the €75,000 still owing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement