Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference in Eir Broadband Over Sky Broadband

Options
  • 21-02-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I'm currently a sky fibre customer having trouble with download speeds in the evenings. During the day my normal speed would be 75-77 mbs . I have had an eir engineer out twice who even after testing the line for 50 hours found no fault. He said sky have over sold in the area and cannot service the demand. If I move to eir should this problem still persist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Lfcfan2017 wrote: »
    I'm currently a sky fibre customer having trouble with download speeds in the evenings. During the day my normal speed would be 75-77 mbs . I have had an eir engineer out twice who even after testing the line for 50 hours found no fault. He said sky have over sold in the area and cannot service the demand. If I move to eir should this problem still persist?
    Hi  Lfcfan2017,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At the minute Sky & eir would use the same infrastructure & due to this the speed we could offer would be quite similar. What speed are you receiving in the evenings?

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lfcfan2017

Hi  Lfcfan2017,

At the minute Sky & eir would use the same infrastructure & due to this the speed we could offer would be quite similar. What speed are you receiving in the evenings?

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,
    It can drop as low as 15mbs but has been down to 5/6 .
    I've been chasing a solution for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Lfcfan2017 wrote: »
    Hi  Lfcfan2017,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,
    It can drop as low as 15mbs but has been down to 5/6 .
    I've been chasing a solution for weeks.
    That is strange as efibre is a non-congested service  Lfcfan2017. Unfortunately I wouldn't have access to your fault log to take a look.

-Pamela 

Advertisement