Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Websites for Substitute Teaching

Options
  • 21-02-2017 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I've had a regular substitute position in a school since September for maternity which has come to an end. I'm now looking at picking up any subbing wherever I can. What site is most commonly used for this? I've come across a couple. Is it subteacher.ie, educationcareers.ie or something else entirely? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Primary or secondary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

OP is Secondary I think...
    There's also educationposts.ie OP.

Also you can send in an application to the ETB's for consideration to be on their sub panels. Just google the county name with ETB after it , then look for the vacancies section on the website... e.g. http://mayosligoleitrim.etb.ie/vacancies/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Yep, I'm secondary. So then there's no one site that most substitutes and employers use then? I'll sign up for all of them if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Yep, I'm secondary. So then there's no one site that most substitutes and employers use then? I'll sign up for all of them if that's the case.

Sub teacher. ie

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

Sub teacher. ie

Cool, thanks. So the other sites aren't as widely used then? It just makes it a lot more straightforward if I only have one site to keep track of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kalimera

Educationposts.ie tends to be more used by schools to advertise RPT, maternity etc. and also subbing positions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Always use educationposts.ie, I find most subs are registered for alerts. Just be cautious in your applications, I get people from other end of country applying for 3 days work and getting annoyed on phone with me because they didn't read the ad. Alternatively I ring someone and they don't remember even replying to the ad and ask me about the school.

Advertisement