Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭denismc

285 -345 euro on seatwave, this is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I wonder is there any way to get at them via the Small Claims Court? This Seatwave business seems so, so dodgy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Now here's the trick.

Everyone was complaining about the initial ticket price. Now they're on seatwave for four times their amount. And you'd think no way will anyone but them at that price. But someone must be. They wouldn't continue with it if it wasn't generating a profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I was chatting to my brother there. He's on the verge of tears. He's a life-long Eddie Vedder fan. Has travelled all over he world to see him. And now he's looking at tickets being sold for 400 quid, less than an hour later, through a company owned by Ticketmaster. That's some kick in the balls. All any music fan wants is a fair chance of getting a ticket. But the entire process is shrouded in secrecy and ripe for exploitation, by TM as well as everyone else. Very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

The minimum price was 195 earlier and it's gone to 285 now so yep, people must be buying them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got tickets in block (glorified ) G.

Was on the app searching for something more central while the timer counted down, but app turned up nothing..
    That's happened a lot lately, whereas I used to find the app more successful.

Commiserations to those who didn't get sorted..
    Get thee to Toutless - undoubtedly tickets will come up closer to the date.

david75 wrote: »
    Now here's the trick.

Everyone was complaining about the initial ticket price. Now they're on seatwave for four times their amount. And you'd think no way will anyone but them at that price. But someone must be. They wouldn't continue with it if it wasn't generating a profit.

You're correct, but they're very small numbers in comparison. Frustration, desperation and simply being wealthy will lead people to pay big money, but everyone else wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't pay 400 quid to see The Beatles supported by Miles Davis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

stooge wrote: »
    I generally dont understand how TM were allowed to create Seatwave in the first place..... a website that actually facilitates touting....the mind boggles. Which genius granted them a trading license? Hard to believe this gig sold out so fast, especially at the prices.

It's illegal in other jurisdictions. They get away with it here because it's tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I think in the future, if there are artists that are going to offer tickets through memebership sites, pre sale access, then i think thats probably the only way you will be guaranteed a ticket, cause trying to purchase tickets on general sale now through ticketmaster is impossible!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Had anyone been to a gig in cork? Which would be the better block to get D or B?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Sickened. Much chance of a second date on the Saturday?

I think in the future, if there are artists that are going to offer tickets through memebership sites, pre sale access, then i think thats probably the only way you will be guaranteed a ticket, cause trying to purchase tickets on general sale now through ticketmaster is impossible!!!!!

I just kept searching for €96 seating. I was offered two tickets 3 separate times including right up to a few minutes ago. Just keep refeshing, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah seatwave, it says there's 20 tix left, but on the map only 10 show up. Obviously not showing location of the group of 10 they advertise. Ticketmaster, not even trying to hide it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Tilikum wrote: »
    I just kept searching for €96 seating. I was offered two tickets 3 separate times including right up to a few minutes ago. Just keep refeshing, no?

I did that from 9 til 9 35 with no luck. I had 2 tickets straight away at 9 but got an error when I went to buy.

Was this for Cork?

I did that from 9 til 9 35 with no luck. I had 2 tickets straight away at 9 but got an error when I went to buy.

Was this for Cork?

Yeah. Same as you we only starting searching around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Tilikum wrote: »

Good for you, cause it aint happening for me!!!!!!

Edit: This was for the Dublin gig...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Tried on a whim to get tickets this morning and got two no problem. I'll be honest, I know a lot more of Glen Hansards stuff so must start binging on Pearl Jam and Eddie solo, I'm starting from scratch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Looking at what's available for sale on Viagogo it would seem that the top section of the 3arena is indeed curtained off as I thought so the capacity is probably only ~6000.
    I'm sure the promoter is trying to do its best to open the back part up .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah seatwave, it says there's 20 tix left, but on the map only 10 show up. Obviously not showing location of the group of 10 they advertise. Ticketmaster, not even trying to hide it!
    The groups of 10 are actually 20

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Looking at what's available for sale on Viagogo it would seem that the top section of the 3arena is indeed curtained off as I thought so the capacity is probably only ~6000.
    I'm sure the promoter is trying to do its best to open the back part up .
    It does seem that way all right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I was lucky enough to get my ticket just after 10 for the dublin gig. Had no luck at 9am.

Gavinz wrote: »
    Tried on a whim to get tickets this morning and got two no problem. I'll be honest, I know a lot more of Glen Hansards stuff so must start binging on Pearl Jam and Eddie solo, I'm starting from scratch though.

Vedder only has two short solo albums, so it won't take you long to catch up in that regard. The first is the soundtrack to Into the Wild and the other is a selection of songs based around the ukulele. Neither was particularly well received although l love Into the Wild. I'd actually recommend watching the film as well because it really adds to your appreciation of the album.

Pearl Jam is where it gets tricky. They're 10 albums deep. I'm sure a bit of Googling will tell you what albums he draws from most in his solo shows but you can't go wrong with their debut, Ten, or even their two-disc best of, Rearviewmirror (re-issued at The Essential Pearl Jam).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Unfortunately being in the membership clubs doesn't even guarantee tickets. I missed out on tickets in the 10 club sale for the Dublin gig a few years back. I got them easily enough on ticketmaster the following Friday ironically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I got my standing ticket for Cork ,after waiting for ages .
    Had to try repeatedly on phone and desktop ,but got it so happy enough.

Ticketmasters site struggled yet again this morning ,those clowns are doing themselves no favours at all by putting too many events on sale at 9am .
    Eddie Vedder Ireland and UK,Alice Cooper Dublin,Jamiroquai UK tour,Steps Uk and Ireland tour,Lady Antebellum Uk and Ireland tour .

The sooner they stop selling tickets in outlets the better as they can stagger these ticket sales instead of the nonsense we currently have.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I got my standing ticket for Cork ,after waiting for ages .
    Had to try repeatedly on phone and desktop ,but got it so happy enough.

Ticketmasters site struggled yet again this morning ,those clowns are doing themselves no favours at all by putting too many events on sale at 9am .
    Eddie Vedder Ireland and UK,Alice Cooper Dublin,Jamiroquai UK tour,Steps Uk and Ireland tour,Lady Antebellum Uk and Ireland tour .

The sooner they stop selling tickets in outlets the better as they can stagger these ticket sales instead of the nonsense we currently have.

Always 9am and Friday mornings. Why? They don't care about fans and the gigs are gonna sell out either way. How about 6pm on Tuesday evening or 10am on Saturday morning? They're selfish bastards so you'd think they'd make it even easier on themselves and their IT support. There must be some behind-the-scenes rationale because to the punters it makes no sense and doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Yeah it's utterly unfair to people at work who can't sit and try for an hour to get tickets.

I took a few screenshots this morning of Seatwave/TM antics. This was around 8:30am this morning.
    The presale was on yesterday, but limited to 2 per person/code.
    And yet 2 sellers(probably both seatwave/TM) have 20 hard copy(tickets in hand) tickets each for sale. No way they could physically have them in hand that quick, and no way they could have 2 batches of 20 each. The only valid explanation is TM/SW are holding tickets aside from the general sale and selling directly on SW themselves.

Note that they show as 10 on the main page, but it's actually 20 if you dig
    a little bit deeper.
    I often see single batches of 20-25 hard copy 'in hand' tickets like this, even ahead of tickets going on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I took a few screenshots this morning of Seatwave/TM antics. This was around 8:30am this morning.
    The presale was on yesterday, but limited to 2 per person/code.
    And yet 2 sellers(probably both seatwave/TM) have 20 hard copy(tickets in hand) tickets each for sale. No way they could physically have them in hand that quick, and no way they could have 2 batches of 20 each. The only valid explanation is TM/SW are holding tickets aside from the general sale and selling directly on SW themselves.

Note that they show as 10 on the main page, but it's actually 20 if you dig
    a little bit deeper.
    I often see single batches of 20-25 hard copy 'in hand' tickets like this, even ahead of tickets going on general sale.

It looks as if you are selling tickets on SW also? The highlighted tickets are clearly yours with the 'edit' button beside them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Dutchy

wacotaco wrote: »
    It looks as if you are selling tickets on SW also? The highlighted tickets are clearly yours with the 'edit' button beside them.

Excellent spot!!! :pac:

Advertisement