Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

wacotaco wrote: »
    It looks as if you are selling tickets on SW also? The highlighted tickets are clearly yours with the 'edit' button beside them.

Caught by the balls it would seem :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I took a few screenshots this morning of Seatwave/TM antics.
    It looks as if you are selling tickets on SW also? The highlighted tickets are clearly yours with the 'edit' button beside them.

Time to put the kettle on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Jaysus, how is an honest tout supposed to make a few hundred quid when seatwave are pulling these stunts..... It's terrible Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Pickpocket wrote: »

"..................and talk to Joe.........." :D

Let's not jump to conclusions here. I've just flicked through cruhoortwunk's previous posts and he just has a genuine interest in gigs that sell out or might sell out. Every man needs a hobby.

• Advertisement

and time for a new account ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I have never used the site but was interested enough to do some digging around on it.
    I noticed that if you go to post a dummy listing it tells you previous sales prices and also shows actually numbers of tickets up for sale.

Awky Mo Mo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Vedder only has two short solo albums, so it won't take you long to catch up in that regard. The first is the soundtrack to Into the Wild and the other is a selection of songs based around the ukulele. Neither was particularly well received although l love Into the Wild. I'd actually recommend watching the film as well because it really adds to your appreciation of the album.

Pearl Jam is where it gets tricky. They're 10 albums deep. I'm sure a bit of Googling will tell you what albums he draws from most in his solo shows but you can't go wrong with their debut, Ten, or even their two-disc best of, Rearviewmirror (re-issued at The Essential Pearl Jam).

Thanks so much for the info.

I've seen and love the movie so I'd be casually aware of his work on that.

I'll just dive right into Pearl Jam so.

• Advertisement

I have never used the site but was interested enough to do some digging around on it.
    I noticed that if you go to post a dummy listing it tells you previous sales prices and also shows actually numbers of tickets up for sale.

Does the process of entering a dummy listing provide you with suggested prices? '€345' sounds fairly specific and exactly in line with what was being offered by people genuinely selling tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

So you decided to post not one but TWO dummy listings to check previous sales? Your listing are very specific also and in line with the market prices. I'm not buying it.

So you decided to post not one but TWO dummy listings to check previous sales? Your listing are very specific also and in line with the market prices. I'm not buying it.

Perhaps he works in sales, like me. Whenever I post dummy listings I always find myself offering them for €9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Some tickets back on sale guys. Not the best seats but.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Seatwave is not shrouded in mystery, promoters allocate a certain percentage of tickets for viagogo and Seatwave these days.

They can sometimes be the best seats in the house for example in the Bord Gais arena the tout sites will always seem to have the front rows.

Put the kettle on for this eye opener

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Whatever about individual touts - might be a discussion for another time? If Ticketmaster themselves are shipping tickets directly from 'general sale' to Seatwave (possibly 'selling' them to Seatwave to make it a cleaner transaction), that's where we should focus, right?

Really want to get a larger discussion going about this. Do you think it's worth emailing/calling our local TDs and seeing if the attention of our politicians can be engaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MisterBlue

Anyone know if their are any tickets left in Cork?

Looks like they're gone already for Dublin. I was able to get Block A and G seats about 5 minutes ago but they were right in the corner so not ideal. I'd say keep trying throughout the day as more might become available

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Hendrickp wrote: »

I owe you a pint! Just picked up two. Crappy enough seats but will keep the gf happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Surely couldn't be dumb enough to put that up as a screenshot and not notice their own tickets showing on the webpage.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    I owe you a pint! Just picked up two. Crappy enough seats but will keep the gf happy

No worries. I'm just glad somebody on here got a face value ticket instead of that disgrace that is Seatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I just got 2 tickets very easily on TM at 12.30.

Hendrickp wrote: »

Many thanks! Just picked up two for my brother there. He's nearly in tears and sends his gratitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I can't get any:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ionapaul wrote: »
    Really want to get a larger discussion going about this. Do you think it's worth emailing/calling our local TDs and seeing if the attention of our politicians can be engaged?

Noel Rock has been vocal about Seatwave of late, he previously claimed he'd have it shut by next week.

Might be worth dropping him a quick message with more ammo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Dispatches went undercover to investigate viagogo in the U.K. The practice is the same here with seatwave.
    This is actually appalling
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlnL8drSdw

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i just managed to buy 2 tickets for dublin !!!!!

edit:actually got 3, 2 together and 1 separate

So, Block G and flat seating. Clearly not the best but still lucky to get them. Anyway, I'm trying to visualise the layout. I've never seen flat seating in there before. It is a standing area, then surrounded by section of flat seating? How would that work? I appreciate they're not great seats but surely you don't have to stand up in your seat to look over the crowd. :p

So, Block G and flat seating. Clearly not the best but still lucky to get them. Anyway, I'm trying to visualise the layout. I've never seen flat seating in there before. It is a standing area, then surrounded by section of flat seating? How would that work? I appreciate they're not great seats but surely you don't have to stand up in your seat to look over the crowd. :p

Block G is tiered seating .
    Flat seating is simply called Flat Seating ,no blocks in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

If its flat seating in Dublin there are no standing tickets, So flat seating in the front then tiered after

Advertisement