Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Zardoz wrote: »
    Block G is tiered seating .
    Flat seating is simply called Flat Seating ,no blocks in it.

Cheers, I'm not sure where I pulled that out of. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Many thanks! Just picked up two for my brother there. He's nearly in tears and sends his gratitude!

No problem at all. I'm just glad genuine fans are getting them and not the touts.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    If its flat seating in Dublin there are no standing tickets, So flat seating in the front then tiered after

Ah, that makes sense. I'm pretty sure it said 'flat' somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Cheers, I'm not sure where I pulled that out of. :o

No bother.
    The flat seating area is quite small .
    I was sitting there for Rod Stewart in November ,in row H ,there were only 10 rows of flat seating that night .
    Its kind of odd in that the people there were allowed stand ,whilst the people in the tiered seating were told to sit down .

It was a bit annoying as some selfish people kept on jumping up and blocking peoples views .
    I dont think this will be an issue at Vedders show.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

I took a few screenshots this morning of Seatwave/TM antics. This was around 8:30am this morning.
    The presale was on yesterday, but limited to 2 per person/code.
    And yet 2 sellers(probably both seatwave/TM) have 20 hard copy(tickets in hand) tickets each for sale. No way they could physically have them in hand that quick, and no way they could have 2 batches of 20 each. The only valid explanation is TM/SW are holding tickets aside from the general sale and selling directly on SW themselves.

Note that they show as 10 on the main page, but it's actually 20 if you dig
    a little bit deeper.
    I often see single batches of 20-25 hard copy 'in hand' tickets like this, even ahead of tickets going on general sale.

I just went on Seatwave and your so called 'dummy' listing as you described has actually sold for 320euro per ticket!

• Advertisement

Okay, I'm really labouring the issue here but just to clarify in case anyone made the same mistake that I did (I doubt it! :P)

When I searched for 'best available' the Price & Section options highlighted were "€91.50, Flat Seatin...". So I thought the only search parameters were for flat seating. But of course the option for tiered seating was also ticked but it wasn't visible. So I thought I purchased two flat seats in Block G.

And just to clarify, there is no standing at the gig. That should make all you auld bastards feel glad that you're not missing out on the mosh pit.

Anyway, time to wake up and get on with the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Touts out!

Simpsons_torch_mob-e1328394150505.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

wacotaco wrote: »
    I just went on Seatwave and your so called 'dummy' listing as you described has actually sold for 320euro per ticket!
    oshít

wacotaco wrote: »

I think touting is a pretty scummy thing to do, especially when it's conducted with such deliberateness and expediency, but that's the OP's business and I don't wish him any ill will.

What I don't like is how he seemed to be expressing mock outrage at what was going on, while all along he was trying to make a quick buck from guys like myself, who were desperately trying to buy tickets for friends and family, i.e. the actual fans.

It's quite disgraceful behaviour when you think about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Pathetic behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Yogi81

Just tried 2 standing tickets for live at the Marquee and could get them no problem

Keep trying everyone. A guy on here picked up two Radiohead tickets two weeks ago and they've been sold out for months! The touts prices will go down, not up, so if that's your only option then leave it as late as possible. Don't let the scum have it all their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Keep trying everyone. A guy on here picked up two Radiohead tickets two weeks ago and they've been sold out for months! The touts prices will go down, not up, so if that's your only option then leave it as late as possible. Don't let the scum have it all their own way.

They can also go up, supply and demand.

They can also go up, supply and demand.

Absolutely. There's no guarantees. But with two gigs at different ends of the country I can't see the current prices being maintained. But that's just my gut feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I just put two standing tickets in my basket for the Marquee through the tickermaster app.

There are two links for the Marquee gig on the app, the top one says no tickets available but the bottom one shows tickets available and can put them in my basket.

skerry wrote: »
    I just put two standing tickets in my basket for the Marquee through the tickermaster app.

There are two links for the Marquee gig on the app, the top one says no tickets available but the bottom one shows tickets available and can put them in my basket.

The first link seems to be the presale one .
    Only Standing available for selection now.
    I wonder will they add a second Dublin gig when the Cork gig sells out ?

The Marquee is so handy for people in the South .

I think touting is a pretty scummy thing to do, especially when it's conducted with such deliberateness and expediency, but that's the OP's business and I don't wish him any ill will.

What I don't like is how he seemed to be expressing mock outrage at what was going on, while all along he was trying to make a quick buck from guys like myself, who were desperately trying to buy tickets for friends and family, i.e. the actual fans.

It's quite disgraceful behaviour when you think about it.
    So you are outraged at my outrage?

I'd love to know what the actual supply and demand is. Clearly there's demand as you can't just freely go onto the website and buy a ticket. So ostensibly it's sold out, but how many tickets have actually been sold, as opposed to being drip released back onto the site as is currently happening, or tied up in third-party providers? It's hard to know.

Someone disagreed with me earlier when I said that the whole process is shrouded in secrecy. Well it clearly is! With Radiohead there was some suggestion that a certain amount of tickets were cordoned off for purchase through the Ticketmaster app, or that standing tickets weren't available via the main website, or that additional tickets were released back onto the app before the site, yada, yada, yada. We can't blame TM for the various theories about how the tickets are handled but we can blame them for creating the conditions in which those theories arise.

Just imagine you're waiting on your laptop at 9am, credit card in hand waiting to spend money, when unbekownst to you the very category of ticket you're after isn't available via the website, or that it's only available when some other factor is met elsewhere, or that they'll only be released later in the day after the mainstream media have declared the gig as being sold out.

TM are clearly making money but they have a shocking reputation at this stage. I know it's all about the bottom line but is there no marketing executive somewhere, or a company director or board of shareholders that would like to have the company viewed in a better light? I guess I'm being terribly naive. I'm at the point now where I avoid them as much as possible. If a ticket is available directly from the club, theatre, venue, etc. then that's the route I take. I'm only one person but they've practically lost me at this stage. Surely I'm not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Zardoz wrote: »
    skerry wrote: »

The first link seems to be the presale one .
    Only Standing available for selection now.
    I wonder will they add a second Dublin gig when the Cork gig sells out ?

The Marquee is so handy for people in the South .
    Ah, I see. There's not much difference between going to Dublin or Cork for me as I'm in Clare. Only real reason we went with Cork is that we figured accommodation would be much cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

I'm at the point now where I avoid them as much as possible. If a ticket is available directly from the club, theatre, venue, etc. then that's the route I take. I'm only one person but they've practically lost me at this stage. Surely I'm not alone.

I'd go to a gig at least once a week. I find them great as I have all my tickets in one place in the app. Easy to keep track. Haven't experienced all this hassle, probably the type of gigs I go to. I love Eddie Vedder but I'd tend to stay away from these kind of shows.

I think the main issue is with these big shows. And people will always be disappointed not getting a ticket, one way or another.

Actually shocked with the demand for Eddie.
    It seems these days that any large gig is a sell out with loads of disappointed folk. Dublin is such a great city for gigs, loads more options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

is there no marketing executive somewhere, or a company director or board of shareholders that would like to have the company viewed in a better light?

As long as the company is making money, the shareholders won't care how the company is viewed. The gig will sell out. It'd be different if they were having problems shifting tickets.

As long as the company is making money, the shareholders won't care how the company is viewed. The gig will sell out. It'd be different if they were having problems shifting tickets.

Of course. As I suggested, very naive on my part.

TM are clearly making money but they have a shocking reputation at this stage. I know it's all about the bottom line but is there no marketing executive somewhere, or a company director or board of shareholders that would like to have the company viewed in a better light? I guess I'm being terribly naive. I'm at the point now where I avoid them as much as possible. If a ticket is available directly from the club, theatre, venue, etc. then that's the route I take. I'm only one person but they've practically lost me at this stage. Surely I'm not alone.

The ticketing industry is utterly corrupt and Ticketmaster have a monopoly in alot of countries including Ireland.

Look at this
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/jul/16/bands-fans-declare-war-online-ticket-touts
    A well-placed source in the touting world told Guardian Money that inside information on Ticketmaster sales was regularly passed on to touts who sell tickets on Get Me In, one of two UK secondary market websites owned by Ticketmaster (the other is Seatwave).
    The information was gleaned from the company’s “on-sale call”, a conference call that takes place on the morning that tickets for major gigs go on sale – usually on a Friday. Senior figures at Ticketmaster use the call to discuss which tickets are selling well. However, account managers at Get Me In are understood to have listened in to the call on a regular basis.
    Account managers are responsible for managing the needs of major touts, known as “power sellers” or brokers, who have built up lucrative businesses by listing hundreds of tickets on sites such as Get Me In. When the touts sell a ticket, the website gets a cut.
    The source claimed that account managers would regularly listen to the on-sale call and pass up-to-the-minute information about the bestselling events to their power sellers via a separate phone line. This helped them focus their efforts on the most popular events and maximise their potential profits by snapping up popular tickets – and then selling them to fans at a substantial mark-up. “They’re on the call, telling you which tickets are doing well … it helps in targeting the right gigs,” said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
    Ticketmaster declined to comment, but senior staff are believed to have been unaware that employees of Get Me In had access to the on-sale call.
    Separately, two sources active in the touting world told Money that Get Me In pays the most powerful touts for tickets that they are yet to sell. This is significant because it helps the touts build up cash reserves that can be used to increase the number of tickets they can buy and sell. Ticketmaster stands to gain from high prices on the secondary websites because its subsidiaries, such as Get Me In, take a percentage commission on each one.
    One seasoned tout said that some secondary ticketing websites regularly pay touts for tickets they haven’t yet sold. “They do pay out in advance,” he says. “They say they don’t, but that’s for consumers.”

I'd go to a gig at least once a week. I find them great as I have all my tickets in one place in the app. Easy to keep track. Haven't experienced all this hassle, probably the type of gigs I go to. I love Eddie Vedder but I'd tend to stay away from these kind of shows.

I think the main issue is with these big shows. And people will always be disappointed not getting a ticket, one way or another.

Actually shocked with the demand for Eddie.
    It seems these days that any large gig is a sell out with loads of disappointed folk. Dublin is such a great city for gigs, loads more options!

I should clarify. I have never had any problems with them for smaller gigs, or even large events where there is no immediate demand. They mostly offer a quality, reliable and easy to use service and have been doing it for years and years. Their kiosks virtually revolutionised ticket selling back in the day. Before then your local music store was allocated a certain amount and you had better hope you were in their good books! Otherwise it was on toward Dublin on a wing and prayer. So credit where it's due.

But fast forward to 2017 and I'm unfortunately the go-to-guy in my family for all of the big events, be it Eddie Vedder, Beyonce or One Direction. You name it, I've refreshed for it for hours on end.

I have been in that position so many times that I now actively avoid TM because I simply don't want to give them my money anymore. I won't inconvenience myself or miss a gig because of it, but I'm happy to take a few additional steps to pick up tickets from an alternative source if that's possible. In my own professional life I try to treat people with consideration and transparency. In fact I demand it of myself, so I'm perhaps less likely to suck it up from the likes of TM. At least not all of the time.

Edit: And no, TM don't have a shocking reputation amongst their customers. That's hyperbole. But they do have a poor reputation amongst the people that are frequently caught in this Kafka-esque loop.

So you are outraged at my outrage?

I'm not outraged. I'm just disgusted with you for telling lies in order to cover up your already dishonest behaviour. It's horrible.

I'm not outraged. I'm just disgusted with you for telling lies in order to cover up your already dishonest behaviour. It's horrible.
    Sounds like outrage

Sounds like outrage

Mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Sounds like outrage
    I think you're just a crook, plain and simple

Erik Shin wrote: »
    I think you're just a crook, plain and simple

Sure he was on here a couple of days ago asking for pre-sale codes for Alice Cooper.

Scummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Second Sicily date just added!!

Advertisement