Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

stankratz wrote: »
    Yes, technically MCD/Aiken will decide the final ticket price, but the artist's fee is what sets the range where that price will be. If Neil offered them a price in 2003 that would have allowed them to run gigs in Vicar Street at around €55 a ticket and not €105, then that's what we would have seen. Same here with Eddie.
    For all we know the promotor could have sold them at €55 and made a good profit. It's supply and demand so they could charge accordingly.

However I certainly do think some artists obviously do have a say in the prices promotors charge.

Bob Dylan played vicar street in 2000 and tickets were only £37.50 (€47.60). They easily would have sold out at £137.50. Any promotor given free choice over price would have been pretty stupid to ask just £37.50, tickets were gold dust.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/acoustic-dylan-tickets-are-gone-in-60-seconds-1.1099287
    He estimated about 30 tickets were sold in the Grafton Street shop, adding that he was offered £500 for his tickets by someone further back in the queue who had missed out. "I told him no way," he said.

Mr Berry said the tickets were sold in the normal manner. Ticketmaster operated from a central computer which outlets log on to as ticket orders come in. There were about 40 to 50 outlets around the State as well as those in Dublin.

So everyone had an equal chance of getting a ticket, said Mr Berry. He said tickets were purchased at outlets and on the phone lines, where there were 100 operators.

He said the Internet site was not very successful on this occasion, with just two tickets secured on-line.

2 sold online, that's twice as many as U2 sold on the main selling day!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Good sleuthing columbo

Anyone with time on their hands be able to track down this gowl with his handle in real life and we can dox (name him in real life) him like we are on 4chan.

He probably has given away some details somewhere like using his cruhoortwink name in an email.

He is only a symptom of the disease but I say carve out the sickness😄

Especially seeing as he is so smug when exposed from under his rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dylar

Ozziej wrote: »
    Anyone with time on their hands be able to track down this gowl with his handle in real life and we can dox (name him in real life) him like we are on 4chan.

He probably has given away some details somewhere like using his cruhoortwink name in an email.

He is only a symptom of the disease but I say carve out the sickness😄

Especially seeing as he is so smug when exposed from under his rock.

Doxing is just as scummy as touting. Head over to 4chan or voat if you want to play internet police. I'm sure you'd be swiftly banned from here anyway if you even tried.

On a related note though you can find his/her adverts.ie account (assuming it's him/her) fairly easily :-D Lots of 'spare' last minute tickets for a variety of gigs, including 12 for Justin Timberlake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

How come extra tickets magically appear again for Eddie Vedder? Did their seatwave ones not sell out? Who are these “pros” buying up all the tickets? Rogue touts, or ticketmaster bots!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

seachto7 wrote: »
    How come extra tickets magically appear again for Eddie Vedder? Did their seatwave ones not sell out? Who are these “pros” buying up all the tickets? Rogue touts, or ticketmaster bots!

Only 5000 tickets went on sale as the top tier was initially going to be closed off with a curtain. They are opening the top section up to release more tickets.
    It will be interesting to see how many of those end up on Ticketmasters toutlet site seatwave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

seachto7 wrote: »

To be fair there are only 57 tickets on Seatwave ,that's less than 1% of the capacity.
    They don't seem to be shifting many tickets either ,looking at the recent sales.
    Its as if Seatwave/touts knew the top tier was going to be opened so they didn't buy up /put away many tickets for the secondary sale.
    Of course the top Seatwave brokers get inside information from TM on whats hot and whats not.

This easy option of blaming the secondary sites/the bots is becoming a bit overused recently.If bots were being used there would be hundreds of tickets up there .
    In the US you could have 20% of a venues capacity up on resale sites .

For alot of gigs its just a simple case of far too much demand and not enough supply ,this idea that the bots are buying up all the tickets is a bit simplistic.
    There is no doubt however that primary tickets are being reserved for resale by the primary seller,in this case Ticketmaster.

Just a reminder tickets are again on sale in the morning.

It is useless to resist

EV+VAder+Ukehero.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

On sale now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I love Eddie but €198 for two tier seats is just too much. I just can't justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

I love Eddie but €198 for two tier seats is just too much. I just can't justify it.

Same. Plenty of tickets there this morning but it's just too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

WOW !!!!! that is too much ... ffs..... :eek:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    WOW !!!!! that is too much ... ffs..... :eek:

For 2 tickets there is €15.70 in additional fees.

http://3arena.ie/artist/eddie-vedder/1809

I know Pearl Jam took on ticketmaster before. If I was an artist with issue with them I would make sure any adverts were clear about pricing.

"Tickets from €61.45 additional charges may apply"

I wonder what % of tickets are sold with out these additional charges, online you have €6.85 service fee and €1 facility charge.

rubadub wrote: »
    For 2 tickets there is €15.70 in additional fees.

I know Pearl Jam took on ticketmaster before. If I was an artist with issue with them I would make sure any adverts were clear about pricing.

"Tickets from €61.45 additional charges may apply"

I wonder what % of tickets are sold with out these additional charges, online you have €6.85 service fee and €1 facility charge.
    Buy in person in a tm outlet and pay a far lower booking fee.

Peter File wrote: »

In my nearest one they only take cash and appear to charge half the fees TM do, their 12.5%, and the max in the outlet is not half of 6.85 but is 3.30. So I think it would have been €4.40 per ticket in the londis near me.

I am not sure if you avoid the service charge by pay cash in the stephens green kiosk.

Sound cellar may be cheaper than the like of londis shops selling them.

But I wonder even if you pay cash in stephens green if you can avoid the facility charge under any circumstances. If not it should not be implied that it can be avoided. If it has to be paid it should say "tickets from 62.45"

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I bought in TM outlet this morning. €301 and something cent for three tickets as I paid by card so there was a charge for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Still tickets available... probably not gonna sell out after all

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Is there any logic to why the new tickets released are at the higher price point (~€90) rather than the €60? other than pure gouging?

Is there any logic to why the new tickets released are at the higher price point (~€90) rather than the €60? other than pure gouging?

some would have been at the lower price, and others at the high price. Tickets off to the sides are the cheaper ones. Some in the lower level would have been the lower price. I would be also interested in what % of tickets are at the low price. Very few I imagine, the whole trick is that people will see the ads and tell friends they will go, then people do not pull out at the last minute when they discover the 7.85 additional fees, or the ~€30 increase from the "Tickets from €61.45 additional charges may apply" line. I know a guy who was adamant the tv advert line "includes booking fee" meant the service charge. In 20+ years of going to gigs I cannot recall any ticket price that did not included the booking fee, so I am certain the only reason to mention it is to con people into thinking they mean the service charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I assume the proceeds from the extra tickets released go straight to the promoter? Selling the upper tier for 60.45 would have been fair enough considering it was never in their original plans. I guess promoters don't think that way though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

rubadub wrote: »
    some would have been at the lower price, and others at the high price. Tickets off to the sides are the cheaper ones. Some in the lower level would have been the lower price. I would be also interested in what % of tickets are at the low price.

Hardly any tickets were available at the lower price I'd imagine.
    I just did a search for curiosity and it offered me seats in the back row of Block P for full price .
    That's almost 100 euro for some of the worst seats in the venue .

• Advertisement

Gonna be a deadly gig. Only awkward moment I can foresee is ed trying to explain why pearl jam haven't played Dublin in 7 years:)

Other than that it'll be a brilliant night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

david75 wrote: »
    Gonna be a deadly gig. Only awkward moment I can foresee is ed trying to explain why pearl jam haven't played Dublin in 7 years:)

Other than that it'll be a brilliant night :)

Im really tempted to make a poster with the same question!:rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Can't be bothered paying 90 euros for a seat in the clouds.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Grid. wrote: »
    Can't be bothered paying 90 euros for a seat in the clouds.:rolleyes:

Good lower level seats in Block C have now mysteriously appeared on Ticketmaster.

Don't you just love that company ,they release the good seats now after they offloaded all the nosebleeds this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

Seems like quite a few good block B seats are available at the moment for some reason. Looks like TM couldn't sell them on seatwave at triple the price and have decided to put them back up on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 marcmc77

Still selling Block P on Ticketmaster.

I'm sorta delighted in a way to the response to this.

For the most part people realise it's Ticketmaster acting the maggot. And TM realising we're not stupid.

It'll be great gig. Fvck Ticketmaster and it's toutlet seatwave. Fvck it forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I've been to 2 gigs in the 2 arena up in the back, in the nosebleed seats. I couldn't see who was on stage. A waste of money and while it sounded pretty good, way too far away to experience the gig. Never again.

A surprising number of tickets for this gig up on toutless already, it seems the touts are offloading them there!

• Advertisement

A surprising number of tickets for this gig up on toutless already, it seems the touts are offloading them there!

At least the beauty of that is the face value.

Advertisement