Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Wow that's amazing.were you at the concert?and. how long was it?looks like about 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was following the setlist last night but thought that was it after Imagine. That's absolutely incredible, can't wait for this now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Got sent a recording of Ed singing Glens 'song of good hope'
    He fvckin nails it. Perfect song for the situation too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

david75 wrote: »
    First show tonight in Amsterdam and it was tasty. Ed took the vocal for two of glens songs. Song of good hope and bird of sorrow. Chris Cornell was, well he was the heart of the show.

Overall how long was the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Great performance:

Last night's setlists:
    Glen on his own:

Dark Days (Interference cover)
    Love Don't Leave Me Waiting
    Winning Streak
    When Your Mind's Made Up
    Bird of Sorrow
    Vigilante Man (Woody Guthrie cover)
    Way Back in the Way Back When

Eddie:

Long Road
    Trouble (Cat Stevens cover)
    Sometimes
    Can't Keep
    Sleeping by Myself
    Without You
    Longing to Belong
    The Needle and the Damage Done (Neil Young cover)
    I Am Mine
    Light Years
    Good Woman
    Far Behind
    No Ceiling
    Guaranteed
    Rise
    I'm Open
    Better Man
    Immortality
    Porch

Encore:
    I'm So Tired (Fugazi cover)
    Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

Imagine (John Lennon cover)
    Heroes (David Bowie cover)
    Just Breathe
    Lukin
    Song of Good Hope (with Glen)
    Falling Slowly (with Glen)
    The End

Encore 2:
    Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover)
    Hard Sun (Indio cover with Glen)
    Wonder if Glen's set will change much for the Dublin show. Will there be a few Frames songs perhaps? Maybe not. Can't wait either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got sent a recording of Ed singing Glens 'song of good hope'
    He fvckin nails it. Perfect song for the situation too.

Any chance you could pm a link? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Great set list - very excited

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Great performance:

Last night's setlists:

Wonder if Glen's set will change much for the Dublin show. Will there be a few Frames songs perhaps? Maybe not. Can't wait either way.

I saw the 2 of them in 2012 in The Hammersmith Apollo.
    Glen played mainly his own stuff , a bit of Star Star and Lay me Down.

He came back out with EdVedd at the end and they did Hard Sun ( with Neil Finn and Roger Daltrey :) )

The thing that stood out for me, was that a lot of the Vedder fans had never heard of Hansard. He lifted the roof with his performance, and his voice. He won a lot of fans over.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

greenspurs wrote: »
    The thing that stood out for me, was that a lot of the Vedder fans had never heard of Hansard. He lifted the roof with his performance, and his voice. He won a lot of fans over.

Yeah, a lot of people change their opinions on Glen after having seen him perform and have no doubt that will be again the same after the 3 Arena gig. Brought many a friend to a Vicar St show of Glen's that had been the usual 'Glen Hansard's a bit of a tosser' type but left (usually around 1am) saying he was 'some fcuking man tbf'. Bit fashionable in Ireland to knock him, not sure why and don't think neither himself (nor The Frames) have anywhere near the credibility or respect they deserve to have here.

In a way though I kinda like it to as it means the gigs are always intimate. For awhile there was people coming just to hear Falling Slowly though which was irritating. D4 types nattering away during most of the sets until they heard that song from Once but the last couple of gigs I've been to that seems to be not near as bad.

Anyway, I was hoping the Frames might make an appearance on the night and do a few toned down versions of songs, like they did for the Whelan's anniversary gigs. A song like Seven Day Mile for example..........

Can't understand why they floor seating layout at this show. I can only assume someone somewhere made an error as I can't see them deliberately choosing it. I sat in the flat seating for Kevin Hart and was two rows from the front and three seats in from the left, but my neck was in bits as when you are that close to the front (but on either the very far left or the very far right) it's a nightmare as you have to spend the whole night turned sideways. The seats should curve around like the main seats but for whatever reason they don't which is odd.

Usually that flat section is only put in for comedy shows or where the fans will mainly be of a certain age group and if anyone does stand up, they are often approached and told to sit down. Can't see that happening at this show and foresee that the majority of those in the flat seats will spend the majority of the night standing.

When we went to London, we got word that Glen Hansard was doing an apperance in a record store. So off we went, expecting a massive crowd.... There was about 50 people there, but it didnt matter to him, as he played as if there was 50,000 there! Heart and Soul into it, and it was spellbinding, no amps or p.a needed as he played for 45mins.......

But then, he was doing a Charity night in Whelans a few years ago. Bought tickets, and drove up from South Kilkenny (160km) parked just down from the venue, walked up ,and there was an A4 sheet on the door.... GIG CANCELLED ........ Flipping raging... Turned around and drove 160km home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

New security measure in place for this gig. I presume this will be for all gigs in the point depot for the next while.
    The bag size is about the size of packet of monster munch.
    Due to recent events and heightened awareness, the following policies will apply regarding the Eddie Vedder solo tour dates. We ask that you carefully review the following updated security restrictions and protocols that will apply:
    • Backpacks, larger purses or bags are not allowed; only purses or clutches measuring 4.5in/11.4cm x 6.5in/16.51cm or smaller will be allowed.
    • A full body pat down search and/or metal detector search will take place prior to venue entry.
    • Pocket contents will need to be completely emptied and viewed during the search process.
    • We encourage patrons to minimize jackets and additional layers when possible.
    **Reviewing the above policies in advance and adhering to them the night of the show will ensure that everyone gains entry to the venue in a safe and timely manner. As always, we encourage fans to arrive early and we thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Winterlong wrote: »
    New security measure in place for this gig. I presume this will be for all gigs in the point depot for the next while.
    The bag size is about the size of packet of monster munch.
    :rolleyes:
    meanwhile you can still go onto a packed compact beach of kids like sandycove in dublin with any size bag you want, and people can stand outside the gig as hordes exit the place. Or down grafton street in rush hour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater

If I was a terrorist the last place I would be going is near a concert, and if I was going to bomb a plane I would not keep it in my shoe...

Yeah, a lot of people change their opinions on Glen after having seen him perform and have no doubt that will be again the same after the 3 Arena gig. Brought many a friend to a Vicar St show of Glen's that had been the usual 'Glen Hansard's a bit of a tosser' type but left (usually around 1am) saying he was 'some fcuking man tbf'. Bit fashionable in Ireland to knock him, not sure why and don't think neither himself (nor The Frames) have anywhere near the credibility or respect they deserve to have here.

In a way though I kinda like it to as it means the gigs are always intimate. For awhile there was people coming just to hear Falling Slowly though which was irritating. D4 types nattering away during most of the sets until they heard that song from Once but the last couple of gigs I've been to that seems to be not near as bad.

Anyway, I was hoping the Frames might make an appearance on the night and do a few toned down versions of songs, like they did for the Whelan's anniversary gigs. A song like Seven Day Mile for example..........

Can't understand why they floor seating layout at this show. I can only assume someone somewhere made an error as I can't see them deliberately choosing it. I sat in the flat seating for Kevin Hart and was two rows from the front and three seats in from the left, but my neck was in bits as when you are that close to the front (but on either the very far left or the very far right) it's a nightmare as you have to spend the whole night turned sideways. The seats should curve around like the main seats but for whatever reason they don't which is odd.

Usually that flat section is only put in for comedy shows or where the fans will mainly be of a certain age group and if anyone does stand up, they are often approached and told to sit down. Can't see that happening at this show and foresee that the majority of those in the flat seats will spend the majority of the night standing.

Weirdly enough Seven day mile is loosely based on Eds song Dead man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

rubadub wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    meanwhile you can still go onto a packed compact beach of kids like sandycove in dublin with any size bag you want, and people can stand outside the gig as hordes exit the place. Or down grafton street in rush hour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater

If I was a terrorist the last place I would be going is near a concert, and if I was going to bomb a plane I would not keep it in my shoe...
    The fact the Manchester scumbag did not enter the actual venue and was in a waiting area seems to have been lost. This will cause a lot of hardship to people who are travelling long distances and are not able to leave their bags etc at home.

He's changing the setlist up for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'd gladly take that one in Cork. Thumbing my Way, Man of the Hour are two songs I'd love to hear in some form live.

Edit: add in Wishlist and Off He Goes too. If i hear those 4, he can play a 2 hour version of Bugs for all i care.

Can someone explain the 10C ticket collection process to me? Where would the box office be in the 3Arena?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Can someone explain the 10C ticket collection process to me? Where would the box office be in the 3Arena?

It'll be well signed and the 10c window is usually open from like 1 in the afternoon to about 9 I think.

• Advertisement

Therell hardly be a 'pit' in the Marquee ?
    Probably just a Q to get a good position ?

For anyone with 10C tickets just have really low expectations about where your seat will be. Seems that everyone who went with them for tickets is furious about how crappy and far back their seats were.

They were unhappy in Amsterdam? I thought the idea was they were the best seats in the house hence paying more?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    They were unhappy in Amsterdam? I thought the idea was they were the best seats in the house hence paying more?

See that's what you're to assume. Its not the case though. They do make it clear in their pitch that you're being charged at the highest end price for the *chance* to get really great seats.

It seems the majority of 10c ticket holders in Amsterdam so far are angry. One guy got front row tickets. That's it.

I suppose all we can do is wait and see and hope for the best!

'See Glen Hansards a professional...he's a busker...knows what he's doing......fvcker'

🀘ðŸ¼ðŸ˜‚🀘ðŸ¼

These shows are top level already :)

http://http://entertainment.ie/show-/Live-at-the-Marquee-Cork/Eddie-Vedder/event-2792656.htm

Hansard playing in Cork ??

* Edit... yes just confirmed it on Aiken website, I thought he wasnt playing in Cork, just in Dublin !

greenspurs wrote: »
    http://http://entertainment.ie/show-/Live-at-the-Marquee-Cork/Eddie-Vedder/event-2792656.htm

Hansard playing in Cork ??

* Edit... yes just confirmed it on Aiken website, I thought he wasnt playing in Cork, just in Dublin !

He's doing the whole tour. Hopefully.

He was brought to hospital yesterday in Amsterdam and is really sick but still playing.
    He'll play through

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

...It seems the majority of 10c ticket holders in Amsterdam so far are angry. One guy got front row tickets. That's it.
    Where this discussion is going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

He's doing the whole tour. Hopefully.

He was brought to hospital yesterday in Amsterdam and is really sick but still playing.
    He'll play through

Is this Glen you're talking about? Aw what's wrong do you know? They don't need any more grief on this tour!

Advertisement