Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Thar she blows. Not as cool as some of the other ones from this tour but I still like it!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBkOUs7W0AAvG2c.jpg

is there a cork one?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

is there a cork one?

Not yet as far as i know. They usually get released on the day of the gig. Keep an eye on the Pearl Jam social accounts or #EV2017 tomorrow and you'll find it. Raging I didn't get sort out going to the Cork gig now!

Currently listening to this on repeat to keep me from running around the office. A lot of these songs have been popping up in recent setlists. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAzFiZok_hw&t=4194s

greenspurs wrote: »
    Fairly typical standard characterization if the Irish there..... :rolleyes:

Yeah isn't it! The previous dates have had some really great ones so I was a bit disappointed seeing it. I'll still buy it if it's there! A few European posters here if you're interested. https://goo.gl/oCq2j1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

There will be a separate cork poster. Don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

david75 wrote: »
    There will be a separate cork poster. Don't worry.

Will it have Murphys, instead of Guinness ?? :p

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cormie wrote: »
    Folks does anyone know if it's necessary to print the e-tickets or can they just scan the barcodes from the phone screen?

Anyone? :)

cormie wrote: »
    Anyone? :)

I've had tickets read from my phone before but I'd print them off to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Printing just to be sure to be sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Had really hoped the 10C tickets would have been the flat seated ones......nope,block E Row 17. Not the worst but could have been better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

ahh balls .... :rolleyes:
    i'll bring her ! :D:pac::D:P

Cheers for the offer dude, I'll run it by her :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

The drink reference is a bit annoying to be honest.almost, i say almost as bad as having a leprechaun there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Ah man, good vibes to you and hope you are able to get out by Sunday somehow. Contact Eddie & Glen, they might pay you a visit in hospital

Cheers dude, possibly getting out today but I get the impression that galavanting down in Cork at an Eddie V gig wouldn't be advisable :D

Will have to live off the YouTube clips and banter posted up here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Just picked up ticket there on toutless for extremely cheap. Won't say how much in case it breaks some rule on boards, but it would be slightly more than your average Vicar St gig. Can't believe it. Loved Pearl Jam since Ten came out, but couldn't justify the €100 ticket price. Same as for Radiohead.

Anyway, was having a look at the setlists. Varies from night to night - you just know it's going to be fantastic. Looking forward to Hansard too. Saw him in small gig before Christmas, and it was excellent. Pity he played Black at last gig. Unlikely for Dublin now. Looking forward to the Into the Wild selection. Some excellent tunes on that soundtrack. Hope Society is played. Don't know the song Hard Sun. Must give it a spin on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Just picked up ticket there on toutless for extremely cheap. Won't say how much in case it breaks some rule on boards, but it would be slightly more than your average Vicar St gig. Can't believe it. Loved Pearl Jam since Ten came out, but couldn't justify the €100 ticket price. Same as for Radiohead.

Anyway, was having a look at the setlists. Varies from night to night - you just know it's going to be fantastic. Looking forward to Hansard too. Saw him in small gig before Christmas, and it was excellent. Pity he played Black at last gig. Unlikely for Dublin now. Looking forward to the Into the Wild selection. Some excellent tunes on that soundtrack. Hope Society is played. Don't know the song Hard Sun. Must give it a spin on youtube.

........... " Eddieeee ... Wilya play Even Flow ......." :D
    Will be two great gigs hopefully !! "No Ceiling" is the one i cant wait for .....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭roashter

Only Murphys & Heineken on draft in 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Just home from this - Eddie put on a serious show! Highlights of the night:

- Jeremy with the mini orchestra
    - Inviting the heckler up on stage to sing - which he did, and did well!
    - The Auld Triangle

They disregarded the curfew completely and were still playing at 11.30 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

That was unbelievable.

UNBELIEVABLE

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

heard the show was savage - cant wait for the Cork show now.
    Here is the set list, from 10club forum
    Eddie Vedder
    3 Arena
    Dublin, IE
    June 09, 2017
    Set List

Ed On Stage 08:53
    Ed Off Stage 11:39

The Red Limo String Quartet are:
    Sietse van Gorkom-violin
    Camilla van der Kooij-violin
    Rani Kumar-viola
    Jonas Pap-Cello

Poet: Stephen James Smith

Intro Music: Tuolumne
    01. Trouble-(Stevens)
    02. Brain Damage-(Waters)
    03. Sometimes
    04. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    05. Thumbing My Way
    06. I Am Mine
    (Ed tells the story of playing this song over the phone to his friend and favorite bartender Donnie Kruse while he was on his deathbed.)
    07. I’m One-(Townshend)
    08. Can’t Keep
    09. You’re True (for Jill)
    Quartet enters the stage
    10. Sleeping By Myself-with strings
    (The next song is an experiment. It is in honor of all the young people getting out and voting in the election yesterday.)
    11. Jeremy-with strings {Ed sings but doesn’t play anything. Quartet are the only instruments. Audience sings along}
    Quartet leaves the stage
    12. Far Behind
    13. Setting Forth
    14. Guaranteed
    15. Rise-(played for Ed’s mother who is in the audience)
    16. Immortality
    17. Masters Of War-(Dylan)
    18. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
    19. Porch
    {Instead of going back stage for the encore break Ed goes into the audience }
    20. I’m So Tired-(Fugazi)
    21. Wishlist
    22. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
    (an audience member named Andrew Bennett wants to sing with Ed. They whisper for a bit to find a song they both know and settle on Black)
    Quartet enters the stage
    23. Black with audience member & strings.-(Ed plays guitar and sings while Andrew Bennett sings)
    24. Lukin (fast) with strings
    25. “Heroes”-(Bowie, Eno) with strings {Partial}
    26. Just Breathe with strings
    27. Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) with Glen Hansard
    28. Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglov?) Glen sings main vocal and plays guitar. Ed sings harmony vocal and lead vocal in the bridge. With string quartet
    Quartet exits the stage
    29. Society-(Hannan) with Glen Hansard
    30. The Auld Triangle-(Dicky Shannon) with Glen Hansard
    31. Dublin You Are-(Stephen James Smith) {performed by Stephen James Smith with Glen quietly strumming The Auld Triangle chords}
    32. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young) with Glen
    33. Hard Sun-(Peterson) with Glen Hansard, Red Limo Quartet and Stephen James Smith

Glen Hansard Onstage 7:30
    Glen Hansard Set List
    01. High Hope/Old England- (Old England lyrics by Mike Scott of the Waterboys)
    02. Revelate
    03. When Your Mind’s Made Up
    (Glen says he wants to play this song for his mom. He jokes that his mom no longer comes to his shows. She is here tonight to see Eddie Vedder. Glen is okay with that.)
    04. Bird Of Sorrow-(played on piano)
    05. McCormack’s Wall-(played on piano)

(Glen explains the next song written by Woody Guthrie who was living in a building owned by Fred Trump. Donald Trump’s father. Woody considered Fred a slum lord. Glen goes on to say that many Irish people are losing their homes. An audience member yells “Bull****”. Glen says “an average of two Irish families a day are evicted and made homeless…You ****er!” Glen finishes the story asking if he could use some of the unused lyrics and add his own.)
    06. Vigilante Man-(Guthrie)
    07. Way Back/Present Tense-(McCready)—(during the instrumental break Glen plays part of Present Tense)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
    Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

"What's the point?"

17 years later.

Unbelievable is right. Have been to lots of gigs and never experienced anything like that. Three hours of bliss. Finished at 11.45. Auld triangle was brilliant.

• Advertisement

Lemsiper wrote: »
    "What's the point?"

17 years later.

Someone needs to tell him it no longer called the point. And the punchline was funny the first time around but not anymore. Anyway he can do no wrong so we'll let him away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

and i thought not being a huge fan i might be a bit bored.

wow...just wow....

as the Jam said 'Thats Entertainment'.

Glen was brilliant. Loved when he called yer man '****er'.

Eddie is some character. Loved all his little stories.

The version of Jeremy was one of the best things I've ever witnessed. I hope someone got a video of it.

I have mixed feelings about Black. If it was on the setlist I'm sad the guy sang it, would have preferred to see a proper version. If it wasn't on the list, I'm happy he got ed to play it. Anyone have a pic of the list ed wrote down?

Everything else was perfect. Auld triangle was something else!

Half tempted to go to Cork!

What a night, buzzing.

Edit- Found the list, Black wasn't on it. Thanks big guy for making him sing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

anyone know what was said at the start by the white coat randomly?

i heard 'no phones, no cameras' and then she called someone a **** (begins with c)

anyone know what was said at the start by the white coat randomly?

i heard 'no phones, no cameras' and then she called someone a **** (begins with c)

Think she said London were see you next Tuesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Whopper gig - amazing amazing amazing! Eddie just keeps getting better :cool:

Version of Jeremy was the best thing I've witnessed live - words can't do this gig justice. Managed to nab some primo seats too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Lads, that version of Jeremy definitely one of the best things I've ever heard live.

What an unbelievable gig! To think I doubted it a little in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

What a gig. What a gig. Jeremy was a huge surprise. Eddie you are a great lad. Thank you for epic evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Porch, Jeremy, Black, Guaranteed, Society.. the epic level highlights for me.

Someone uploaded the following snippet of Jeremy on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/nasinead/status/873285079338024961

Advertisement