Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,616 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yer man starting black, I was like, Jesus this guy can sing...
    But as it went on it was like, yeah you know the album version but eddies been playing this for 25 years and you haven't the jive down...

Highlights
    Jeremy. (wow)
    Elderly lady
    Big heart sun
    Master of war
    Keep on

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Jeremy will stick with me for a long long time that was just amazing

Whole thing was just absolutely brilliant role on Cork

(and on the off chance someone has a spare poster their willing to part with hit me up)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

JAYSUS .... sounds flipping EPIC !!

Cant wait for tomorrow night !! .......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Recorded this little snippet to send to my mam, can't see much as I had the phone right to my chest, but the voice still reigns through :)

The crowd last night were one of the most appreciative and enthusiastic I've ever seen, everyone seemed really into it. I had to tell two guys to keep it down who were speaking full volume, not even leaning into eachother behind me during one of the first quiet songs, but they were grand after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Looks like an unbelievable show. Was gutted yesterday when I found out I couldn't make it but moreso know.

Absolutely love Eddie's cover of Masters of War and would've given my left nut to see it live :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Still wired from it. Was unbelievable.

Wish Cork was handier but traipsing back to the North West after is a bit too far a stretch!!

Enjoy it whoever is going!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Struggling to think of a better gig I have been to was absolutely electric. Cork is in for a treat tommorrow tonight. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

marco_polo wrote: »
    Struggling to think of a better gig I have been to was absolutely electric. Cork is in for a treat tonight. Enjoy.

Jesus you frightened the life out of me there.its tomorrow night june 11th.i even checked his website lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Jesus you frightened the life out of me there.its tomorrow night june 11th.i even checked his website lol

Oops sorry edited accordingly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Someone did it yesterday as well....I started sweating until I checked my ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Got myself a poster last night, it's cool as **** and is luminous. Would love to get one of the Cork posters somehow.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Got myself a poster last night, it's cool as **** and is luminous. Would love to get one of the Cork posters somehow.

Where did u get it?were they on sale or what?actually there's a question.was there merchandise on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Where did u get it?were they on sale or what?actually there's a question.was there merchandise on sale?

Lots of stuff for sale. Posters were gone quite quick. At least one for Dublin gig. Got 2 t-shirts myself.

Posters for London gig on ebay for at least 100Euro. Did not seen Dublin poster yet for sale anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I got a poster and the seattle surf co t-shirt, delighted! Getting it framed this week.

There were people buying 3/400 euro worth of stuff!

Yeah there was two merch stands in the auditorium, beside the toilets on the ground floor.

Tshirts are actually really great quality.

Seriously though, would love if I could organise getting a poster from someone going to the Cork gig.

Yeah there was two merch stands in the auditorium, beside the toilets on the ground floor.

Tshirts are actually really great quality.

Seriously though, would love if I could organise getting a poster from someone going to the Cork gig.

Hint hint lol.
    Ill try and get two.if i do one of them is yours.no promises.
    How much are they?

Hint hint lol.
    Ill try and get two.if i do one of them is yours.no promises.

Haha, If I don't ask anyone I won't get :P

I didn't actually realise you were going to the Cork gig, I was putting it out in general to the thread lol. I do appreciate the offer though :D

It was 30 euro in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Looking forward to the cork show tomorrow going on people's impressions here. Had to go for seats tho as herself is 7 months along.

Haha, If I don't ask anyone I won't get :P

I didn't actually realise you were going to the Cork gig, I was putting it out in general to the thread lol. I do appreciate the offer though :D

It was 30 euro in Dublin!

30 yo yos.ok.
    Is the dublin one the one posted here yesterday?
    And what Price were the t shirts?

30 yo yos.ok.
    Is the dublin one the one posted here yesterday?
    And what Price were the t shirts?

Yeah with the pint of guinness!

T-shirts were 25.

• Advertisement

Yeah with the pint of guinness!

T-shirts were 25.

Cool.ok like i said if i get two one is yours.please tell me your not in America.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 38,408 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sounds unreal guys, annoyed I could not make it. Deff going to look into going to a future pearl jam show

Would of missed my bus home if I was there but nobody can complain about 3 hours of music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

What an amazing night from start to finish.
    I've seen PJ live 6 times in 20 years and this was my first Ed show and he blew me away. It felt so special hearing Jeremy live and great interaction between Ed and the crowd.

Picked up a t-shirt as the last poster was being sold in front of me. That was at 8.15pm and t-shirt sizes were running low by then.

The torrential rain after the gig couldn't dampen my spirits, it actually made a great night even better.

Hopefully a PJ European tour next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Hope not against forum rules, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I've been in hospital for the last week so gutted I can't make the gig. I have 2 tickets for tomorrow for sale if anyone is interested PM me. Just wanted to put it up there as many were mentioning, due to the awesomeness of last nights gig, that they were thinking of doubling up on some Eddie goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    Would of missed my bus home if I was there but nobody can complain about 3 hours of music

Don't forget, last bus outta Dublin is 12.50am!

Cool.ok like i said if i get two one is yours.please tell me your not in America.lol

I'm in Meath lol

Pm me if you manage it, and we can organise postage/payment haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

It was a magnificent gig lads. I'm mainly a fan of his solo career and only know about five PJ songs, so I didn't recognise close to half of the songs last night but it was the best gig I've ever been to by a distance. I've been listening to PJ's back catalogue since coming home last night.

On a side note, does anyone know what the point of the EV green bands the front row people got? I was thinking that if he hadn't went over time then people with the bands might have gotten to meet him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

not on that set description but i had my mind blown...ed told that story about me meeting him years ago and giving him a jacket...and it turning out to be glens jacket..i was in tears..we went to the aftershow and i studiously avoided him..hes hangin out with glens ma and our family and just havin a lovely time..then i gets a tap on my shoulder and hes like come on...takes me out to a side corridor with his security guy and we just hung out and talked for a half hour, smokin out a window...talked about chris, glen, the who, just stuff..that conversation will stay with me forever :) at the end of which he apologised for telling that story and i showed him my given to fly tattoo and told him i was sorry :) mind is blown...he was so cool...then we went back in..later he invites me along with glen and a few others to a party in a restaurant in town..just hangin out til 5 this morning...surreal...we took a million selfies :) what a night..magical show..mad experience..

one thing i will say is and i noticed it but ed did too..that was the quietest most respectful audience hes played to in a solo setting..and it was the biggest..nobody shouting at him or any dumb shiut....it was amazing..fair play dublin..
    ]18951195_10156217061173032_6849860630017423090_n.jpg?oh=2272fda7cf626b7e11b1f2416b9944b6&oe=59DD1E07

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

F cUK !!! What a night for you David75 !!!!

MEGA JEALOUS

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Nobody likes you anymore David75 :-)

Advertisement