Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Deenie78

@David75 what an incredible experience, I'm delighted for you - my brother and I were sitting in front of Glen's Mam and family and it was clear how emotional it was for you guys!! Best gig of my life, the crowd did themselves proud!! ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ˜

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Deenie78 wrote: »
    @David75 what an incredible experience, I'm delighted for you - my brother and I were sitting in front of Glen's Mam and family and it was clear how emotional it was for you guys!! Best gig of my life, the crowd did themselves proud!! ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ˜

no way! i was right there behind you so :) (shes my auntie )mad night wha??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Hi!! I hope you are all well and not too hungover!
    I reallllllly enjoyed last night...i'd say it was probably the best gig I have ever gone to..
    We got really cool seats, quite close to the stage..
    We arrived in to hear the last part of Glen's performance...I thought he was brill...it was funny when he commented about the noisy people moving to their seats and I liked the way he mentioned 2 families being made homeless every day...

Then Eddie came on stage... he seemed a bit annoyed with the sound for the first half hour or so...
    He seemed in great form and had great interaction with the crowd...his voice is better than ever and he seems very comfortable in his own skin...he has grown so much since his early days in Pearl Jam when he used to hide behind his long hair.

I thought the crowd were amazing and really made the night special...everyone standing up and singing Jeremy, the Auld Triangle, Hard Sun....it was fcuking amazing!

Do any of you remember Immortality....maybe Ed sand this for Chris? after the song he threw his guitar down...

I also loved that most people stayed off their phones and just enjoyed the gig....being in the moment instead of tied to their smartphones!

David75....you are very lucky....are you Glen's bro?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Hendrickp

After i did a lot of moaning about Ticketmaster last week when they released the Front Row seats i actually managed to get my hands on 2 Row A seats. Couldn't believe my luck. Anyway, i managed to sneakily record the Jeremy performance as best i could. Its amazing.....

https://youtu.be/gqDFe8sccJk

Arequipa wrote: »
    Hi!! I hope you are all well and not too hungover!
    I reallllllly enjoyed last night...i'd say it was probably the best gig I have ever gone to..
    We got really cool seats, quite close to the stage..
    We arrived in to hear the last part of Glen's performance...I thought he was brill...it was funny when he commented about the noisy people moving to their seats and I liked the way he mentioned 2 families being made homeless every day...

Then Eddie came on stage... he seemed a bit annoyed with the sound for the first half hour or so...
    He seemed in great form and had great interaction with the crowd...his voice is better than ever and he seems very comfortable in his own skin...he has grown so much since his early days in Pearl Jam when he used to hide behind his long hair.

I thought the crowd were amazing and really made the night special...everyone standing up and singing Jeremy, the Auld Triangle, Hard Sun....it was fcuking amazing!

Do any of you remember Immortality....maybe Ed sand this for Chris? after the song he threw his guitar down...

I also loved that most people stayed off their phones and just enjoyed the gig....being in the moment instead of tied to their smartphones!

David75....you are very lucky....are you Glen's bro?

A

i am yeah...hes a gas man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hendrickp wrote: »
    After i did a lot of moaning about Ticketmaster last week when they released the Front Row seats i actually managed to get my hands on 2 Row A seats. Couldn't believe my luck. Anyway, i managed to sneakily record the Jeremy performance as best i could. Its amazing.....

I'm the dry ****e sitting next to you who didn't stand up for it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Hendrickp wrote: »

Thank You i couldn't even take a photo without the security hassling me

I'm the dry ****e sitting next to you who didn't stand up for it :o

:D:D:D as long as you enjoyed it that's all that matters.

It really was probably the best gig i've ever been too and i've seen every gig PJ have done in Ireland including Slane in 93. This one will stick with me for a while..... :):)

Thank You i couldn't even take a photo without the security hassling me

This is probably the one and only time i took my phone out cause i had heard his versions with the strings were phenomenal and when he said Jeremy it was no brainer to try and record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

It sounds amazing, can't wait for tomorrow!

David75, you lucky person, sounds unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

He sounds amazing 😠Can't wait for tomorrow!

Were security actively checking handbag sizing? I don't have anything the size of a bag of monster munch

Jem123 wrote:
    Were security actively checking handbag sizing? I don't have anything the size of a bag of monster munch

Yes. A lot of women had to leave their large handbags in a bunch of unmarked plastic bags outside. It probably took them ages to identify their bag at the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I think that was the best gig I have ever been to.. and I've been to a fair few! Still wired!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Jem123 wrote: »
    He sounds amazing 😠Can't wait for tomorrow!

Never seen the level of security like that. NOt saying its a bad thing at all.
    Go early, you will be searched properly, it will take time to get in. Women longer than men it seemed due to to less female security.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

What an EPIC show. Definitely in my top 3. Not sure if the auld poem will go down as well in Cork mind you :)

I was so buzzed that I walked from Smithfield Luas station to The Half Way House in Cabra before I realised I was soaked.

Security: Yeah, tight but they were getting through them pretty quickly (Apart from the guy in front of me who refused to accept he couldn't go in with his hipster man-purse.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

@david75 that is absolutely amazing think its fair to say everyone here is jealous!

Are you Glen's cousin or brother? Think Ed said brother but he's been known to get things mixed up in the past :p

@david75 that is absolutely amazing think its fair to say everyone here is jealous!

Are you Glen's cousin or brother? Think Ed said brother but he's been known to get things mixed up in the past :p

We're officially cousins but I grew up in his house. Always just been brothers. Unless we're fighting. Then it's cousins :)

I was just thinking....

approx how much €€€£££$$$$ would Ed Ved pocket after last night?!

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I was just thinking....

approx how much €€€£££$$$$ would Ed Ved pocket after last night?!

A

Whatever it is..it wasn't enough :D

Yea ... i paid €99 for my ticket & it was worth every cent..

would still be interested to know what kinda moula Ed would get after all costs, tax, expenses etc?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Yea ... i paid €99 for my ticket & it was worth every cent..

would still be interested to know what kinda moula Ed would get after all costs, tax, expenses etc?!

I hope it's what he deserves.
    I definitely thought the tickets were a bit dear, but after the gig, if they'd passed round a hat, I'd have emptied my wallet.
    What a night!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

david75 wrote: »
    We're officially cousins but I grew up in his house.
    The house with the frames?
    :pac:

ts_editor wrote: »
    The house with the frames?
    :pac:

That was Way way back:)

I've the Horn of Gondor on me here waiting for the Marquee tomorrow night after reading all the reports about Dublin. I tried to go, was even offered free tickets in the nearing hours, but there's just some jobs I can't get out of.

Anyway - In here, on Facebook, Twitter, everyone who was at the gig is raving about it, a lot of 'best gig ever' comments. Someone even started a thread about it on r/Ireland which has about 20 comments. I'm delighted that Dublin got that show, from the few videos I've watched, the crowd seem unreal. That snippet of Jeremy with the string quartet and the full of the 3 Arena belting out the chants is glorious.

Now for Cork - Will we get a 20 song set to make up for the energy expended in Dublin? :D I honestly don't care once I hear him sing, but the fact that Eddie has something like 9 days between Cork and his next show gives me hope of another long night.

Hendrickp wrote:

Just got a "takedown" notice from YouTube. So the vid is no longer available. Ah well, It was good while it lasted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

stankratz wrote: »
    Now for Cork - Will we get a 20 song set to make up for the energy expended in Dublin? :D I honestly don't care once I hear him sing, but the fact that Eddie has something like 9 days between Cork and his next show gives me hope of another long night.

He's been doing 30 song sets for all his gigs, so it's more likely he'll have the longer one than a shorter one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sumfeen

Anyone know the stage times for Cork please? What time did Glen H go on in Dublin? Doors are 6.30 but ticketmaster says 8pm which seems late given the curfew with the marquee. Looking forward to it based on the reviews here! Cheers

If anyone has a spare EV Irish flag badge I'll happily buy it off you. They sold out before I got to the merch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

What time will Eddie go onstage in Cork? Same time as in Dublin I suppose?

Advertisement